It is quite easy to make the best peanut butter fudge recipe, the trick is all about having the right peanut butter fudge ingredients and following the right step-by-step procedure.
You have probably come across peanut butter fudge at your favorite supermarket, and have been so addicted to buying it ever since you tasted it. After reading this article, you are going to learn how to make your own peanut butter fudge at home; this is by far better store-bought. But you have to be careful because it is very addictive and may find yourself craving it over and over.
There are different ways to make peanut butter fudge, some people make theirs with condensed milk, granulated sugar, or powdered sugar. You can choose to add nuts, fruits, chocolate, caramel to your peanut butter recipes when mixing the batter.
If you love peanut butter, you are definitely going to love this peanut butter fudge because it is creamy, sweet, and easy to make at home. You can even give away this peanut butter fudge as a gift to your friend, teacher, a colleague at the place of work during the Christmas season or just any season.
We love other sweet treats like peanut butter cookies and peanut butter balls, they’re also very amazing.
Things you need to consider
A great way to make the best peanut butter fudge is to use good and quality peanut butter. For this recipe, I used homemade peanut butter; because, it is pure, unsweetened, and very creamy which yields the best results. I made a large batch of peanut butter; because I knew I was going to use it for other recipes such as chocolate peanut butter bars which everyone really loved.
This recipe calls for too much sugar, but you can always adjust the sugar to your taste just like I did. Instead of using 2 or 3 cups of sugar, I reduced mine to 1 and 1/2, the fudge came out really amazing and was not too sweet
You can melt everything in the microwave, but I used the stovetop and instead of using granulated sugar conventional sugar can be used.
In this recipe, I didn’t see the need to add butter as others do. I thought the fat will be too much since the peanut butter is already too creamy and has some oil it.
Also, You can watch the Youtube video on the peanut butter fudge recipe here:
Peanut butter fudge ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, powdered sugar can be used
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- A teaspoon of vanilla flavor
- 1/3 cup of milk (this could be evaporated or condensed milk)
- Pinch of salt
How to make peanut butter fudge
- Grease an 8-inch square pan with butter or oil, place a parchment paper to fit the inside of the Pan, and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and milk, place on the stovetop; stir with a spatula to make sure it is well-mixed (Do not stir it too much to prevent the sugar from crystalizing).
- Once the sugar has dissolved, take the pan off the heat. The whole process could be just 3 minutes.
- Add in salt and vanilla extract, bring in peanut butter and stir to incorporate. You will notice a runny batter, but you have to be super fast because it will start to solidify very quickly.
- Pour the melted peanut butter into your 8 by 8-inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Tap the pan a few times to evenly spread out the peanut butter; level the surface with a spoon to have a uniform layer.
- Place the pan in the fridge for at least 3 hours to set, or keep it longer than that.
- Once it is has set, gently lift the parchment paper with fudge from the pan to a cutting surface. Use a knife to cut into your desired square shape and enjoy.
- If you have leftovers peanut butter fudge, you can store them for up to 3 months in an airtight container in the freezer.