Butter Cookies are also called Danish biscuits, Butter But, Brysselkex. They are a type of unleavened cookies that originated from Denmark. The major ingredients of butter cookies are butter, flour, and sugar. There is no milk, yeast, or baking powder. These cookies are commonly made during Christmas and other celebrations.
- 100 grams of butter. Peanut butter or Almond Butter could be used if you are looking for vegan butter cookies.
- 1 cup of Flour. This could be any type of flour you love. For a gluten-free butter cookies recipe, you can use cornflour, tapioca flour, almond flour, or potato flour.
- A teaspoon of vanilla essence for flavoring.
- 1/3 cup of sugar powder.
- 3 egg yolks.
How to Make Butter Cookies
- Firstly, add your butter into a mixing bowl and mix until it becomes fluffy; then add your sugar powder and mix to combine.
- Add the other ingredients: flour, vanilla, and egg yolks and mix to combine.
- Place the dough on a working surface and roll it out into a flat dough then refrigerate your dough for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove from the fridge and cut using a cookie cutter into your desired shapes. You can use a piping bag for designing your butter cookies; if you prefer to use a piping bag, make sure the nozzle is big and the shapes should be made before placing it in the fridge because it becomes firm once you refrigerate it.
- Line the cut out cookies on a baking tray and preheat your oven at a temperature of 180 degrees Celsius; then bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and air dry it to become cold before eating.
These simple homemade butter cookies are very delicious and yummy; your kids would love them because they are creamy and sweet. It is mostly made during festivities such as Christmas, New year, Easter, and Thanksgiving. They are easy snacks to prepare and once made, you can preserve them in the fridge in a container with a cover.