Peanut butter cookies recipe is an easy cookies recipe made with peanut butter and few ingredients. You will learn how to make the best easy homemade peanut butter cookies that are soft, simple, crunchy, and chewy as your breakfast or lunch snack.
- A cup of Peanut butter
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour – you can use the flour of your choice such as corn flour, potato flour, or any gluten-free flour you may like to use. There are variations of peanut butter cookies that you can make without flour.
- Half cup of granulated sugar. You can substitute salt for sugar if you want your cookies without sugar.
- 3 tablespoons of salted butter. You can use unsalted butter or even do without butter if you want fewer calories.
- 1 egg
- Vanilla essence for flavoring. This is optional
- A teaspoon of baking powder
Steps on how to make Peanut butter cookies
- Get a large bowl for mixing your ingredients
- Add your peanut butter and regular butter into the mixing bowl
- Mix to combine evenly. You can use a spatula and do this manually or you use a mixer.
- Add the vanilla essence, egg and sugar and mix again
- Mix the baking powder with the flour before adding to the peanut butter batter
- Start adding the flour bit by bit and mix to combine. You are adding the flour in smaller amounts to control the texture and consistency of the mixture. You don’t want to add the whole flour and find out the texture is not what you want. Once you have added the flour and you have the texture you want; it is time to start molding them into small balls.
- Line your oven tray with a parchment paper or a foil paper. If you are using a foil paper, greasing it with melted butter helps prevent them from sticking to the paper when they are baked.
- Mold your peanut butter dough by cutting 1 tablespoon and using your palms to roll it into a small ball. After that, press down on the peanut butter balls with your palm to flatten them a bit.
- Arrange them by spacing them on the oven tray. When finished, start making your hash crosses on them using a fork. First, do horizontally and then vertically. I prefer using the edge of the fork to make my hashes and crosses. I simply use the edge of the fork and make horizontal lines and then vertical lines to cut across.
- You can sprinkle them with sugar for decoration purpose only
Baking the peanut butter cookies
Before baking, make sure you preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius before adding them to the oven.
- Allow the cookies in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Check on them as they bake to prevent them from getting burnt
- After 15 minutes, bring your peanut butter cookies out of the oven and allow them to cool for about 2 minutes
- Transfer them to a wire rack to allow air to dry them to become crunchy and crispy.
- Your peanut butter cookies are ready. These snacks taste delicious and amazing. You shouldn’t consume too much because of the calories except if you are reducing some of the ingredients that may add the calories such as sugar and butter.
- Adding butter is optional since the peanut butter can do as well.
- You can easily alter the ingredients the way you want, you can make flourless peanut butter cookies; you can also make them without eggs and without sugar. It all depends on your choice.
- These cookies can be made with oatmeal, chocolate, or banana.
- No-bake peanut butter cookies can be made by frying the cookies in oil instead of baking them.
- Omit regular butter and egg if you want to make vegan peanut butter cookies
- The less the butter the more crispy and crunchy the become