Guava juice is really a refreshing drink, it is rich and full of lots of nutrients and benefits. Making guava juice at home can be that easy, you don’t even need a juicer to make it, you can use a blender to make your guava juice in a short time.
Guava has numerous health benefits and it is good for you. The juice does not only have a sweet taste but can help to keep you hydrate your body and keep you full for a longer time. Making your own guava juice is simple is a cheap and easy option for you. All you’ll need for this recipe are pink or white guavas, sugar, and water. However, you can always add ginger or lemon to make another version of this juice. When making this juice, it is best to use fresh organic guavas as they are pesticide-free and have a unique taste. If you are making guava juice for weight loss, you can add ginger and lemons together with the guava fruit and blend. Apart from guava juice, there are other juices such as orange juice, pineapple juice, and mango juice that you can make at home.
You can also watch the video below
Table of Contents
Health benefits of guava juice
- Guava is rich in some remarkable nutrients such as vitamin C, fiber, and potassium.
- This juice is rich in dietary fiber, which may aid in digestion and prevent constipation.
- Guava juice can help keep the body hydrated
- The antioxidant effect of its vitamin C in guava fruit protects the body against damages. Vitamin C helps to maintain a healthy body and boost a healthy immune system. This may also improve healthy skin and slows down the aging process and wrinkles.
- It is low in calories and easy filling snacks; Its juice may help keep you full for a long time and aid in weight loss.
- The higher fiber content of guava can help in digestion and it is rich in potassium.
- These tropical fruits are loaded with numerous nutrients and sweetness, you can always include them in your healthy diet.
How to make Guava Juice at Home
- Start by rinsing the guava fruits under running water; you can use a knife to cut off both ends where the stalk and flower were cut off.
- Place the guavas on a cutting board and cut each guava into four parts to make it easy for the blender to crush them.
- Bring the cut guavas in the blender and add sugar enough to taste. Add water to slightly cover the cut guavas.
- Using the moderate speed on your blender, pulse the guava into a smooth consistency making sure you are crush all the seeds.
- If your guava juice appears too thick after blending, you can add more water to adjust it to your own consistency. Instead of adding sugar, you can use honey to sweeten it, however, it is naturally sweet even without sugar or honey.
- Use a sieve and strain the guava puree into another bowl and discard the seeds.
- Serve the juice over ice and enjoy your refreshing drink.