Homemade beet juice recipe is a natural drink that is good for you because of its many health benefits and uses. Apart from just being a beverage, you can make beet juice to help lower blood pressure. It also helps to control blood glucose and you can combine it with ginger and lemon for weight loss.
No need to look for a place to buy beet juice because you can make your own at home; you don’t even need a juicer, all you need is a blender and you can make this homemade juice in 5 minutes. When making this refreshing juice, remember to use organic beetroots to ensure everything is natural.
One side effect of drinking beet juice recipe or beetroot juice is that you may notice your urine and stools turning red, purple, or pinkish depending on the color of the beetroot used for the recipe. This is a condition known as beeturia, it is actually harmless. However, it may be startling if you have not known about it or expect it. Apart from juice beet vegetable, the vegetable is a natural dye, it can be used to make homemade hair dye and also for making natural lip balm for pink lips.
If you want to make your beetroot last, you can turn it into a powder and then use it whenever you want to make juice.
What to mix with beet juice to make it taste better
If you don’t like the taste or smell of beetroot, there are various combinations that you can do with beetroots. Apart from just making juice, you can make a smoothie with your favorite fruit such as banana, mango, avocado, or papaya. You can also combine apple, orange, carrot, and beet to make your juice, this will help cut through the earthy taste of this vegetable. For this recipe, I used sweet orange juice to enhance the flavor and taste of the juice, you can use other fruit as well. Also, you can see here how to make orange juice, pineapple juice, guava juice at home. See below how to make beet juice on Youtube.
Beet juice benefits
- Beetroot is a great source of fiber that helps with digestion and makes you full, helping you reduce the intake of food and therefore can help you with weight loss.
- The calories in beetroot are small and therefore taking beet juice ensures you have all the benefits without having to worry about adding more weight or pounds.
- It is an energy booster and is good for runners. Therefore taking beet juice before running gives you the energy you need without taking any sugar-containing energy booster. Anytime you need to exercise, this juice is a great choice.
- Beetroot juice is a rich source of potassium which can be given to children who have diarrhea to replace lost potassium electrolytes.
- Combining beetroot juice with ginger and lemon will give you a very good recipe for weight loss because of the benefits of ginger and lemon in helping you lose weight.
- Beet vegetable is a very good source of vitamin C which is an antioxidant that helps prevent damages to body tissues such as the skin and protects the body from cancer caused by free radicals in the body.
- Beet juice helps to hydrate the skin as well as whitening the skin. Vitamin C is known to limit the production of pigment cells which in turn lightens the skin. The benefits of beet juice are best gotten when you drink it fresh and raw without cooking because heat destroys the nutrient in it.
- It helps to lower blood pressure because of the dietary nitrates in beetroot
- beet is rich in iron and folates which are important in the formation of red blood cells in the body.
- Making beet juice with the leaves of beetroot ensures you get the calcium nutrient in the leaves which are great in forming strong bones.
Steps on how to make beetroot juice at home with a blender
- First and foremost, wash your beet vegetable properly under running water to ensure a healthy drink.
- Place the beetroot on a cutting board and peel with a knife to remove the brown skin then cut it into smaller cubes or pieces.
- After that, peel two ripe oranges and squeeze out the juice. You may also use water instead of orange juice.
- Add the beetroot pieces into the blender follow with the orange juice.
- Blend until you have a smooth puree. Now, place a fine strainer over a clean bowl and then pass the mixture over the strainer to strain out the juice.
- Gently squeeze the pulp with a spoon to extract all the juice from it. Once done, discard the pulp or use it as compost in your little garden.
- Pour your beet juice into a glass with ice and enjoy.