Homemade mojito recipe
Mojito recipe is a simple type of cocktail drink made with some basic ingredients, it can be made with syrup, sugar, fresh mint leaves, and lemon wedges. The above picture shows a simple virgin mojito recipe, which is great for a small party at the beach. It is also perfect for a small crowd gathering at any birthday event if you are actually throwing up one any time soon; you really don’t need it so complicated.
This type of cocktail recipe is called the virgin mojito. Other mojito recipes you can make or combine include: mint mojito, strawberry mojito, watermelon mojito, blueberry, or blackberry and mango cocktail.
An easy way to make mojito is to make use of a few available mojito ingredients around you. If you are not the alcoholic type, you can simply make this super refreshing summer drink without one and use simple cooling soda water as an alternative to that.
In this article, I’ll be showing you how to make a mojito recipe at home without a cocktail shaker; you will only need a cocktail glass for this. Below is the Youtube video on how to make mojito recipe, please Watch, Like, and Subscribe to our channel.
Table of Contents
Few tips to making the best mojito
- You can always add your own little twist by switching around the ingredients to soothe your taste.
- Make sure to cut your lime or lemon into long wedges, this will make them appear beautifully in the glass.
- Crush your lime and the fresh mint leaves just a little bit to release the juice, leave the lime parts in the glass for decoration.
- Do not muddle the lemon and mint leaves for too long; your mojito will turn out very bitter if you do. Also, the mint can get stuck inside the straw while sipping on the drink.
- Instead of using granulated sugar, syrup, confectioners sugar, or icing sugar are great alternatives, it all depends on what you love.
- Always add some crushed ice towards the ending part, this will make it easy to muddle the mint leaves and lemon without any obstructions.
- Soda juice, as needed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons
- 8-10 pieces fresh mint leaves
- 1 whole lemon, cut into wedges
- Salt ( a pinch ), optional
- 1/2 glass crushed ice
How to Make an easy mojito recipe
- To make this popular mojito cocktail drink, you need a pitcher or simply use your cocktail glass.
- Into the glass add 1 tablespoon of sugar, sliced lemon wedges, mint, and a pinch of salt.
- Muddle the mint and lemons using the tip of a small rolling pin or a spatula.
- Add some crushed ice to the glass followed by 1 tablespoon lemon juice and soda water.
- Carefully stir the glass very well to mix, you can adjust the soda to your desired taste.
- Garnish with mint and a small sliced lemon. Your easy and simple homemade mojito recipe is ready, enjoy it chilled with a straw.
Dr. Brown is the founder of Jotscroll, he is a Medical Doctor, Entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Razi Brown holds a medical degree from the University of San Diego. He has invested in many startups and is currently working on his fifth book to be published in the upcoming year.