Margarita recipe is a type of cocktail made with fresh lime juice, tequila, liqueur, and then served with a lime wheel and salt on the rim of a glass. This is a very common margarita cocktail that is available in many restaurants but at a high price.
Traditionally, a margarita is usually made by combining tequila, orange liqueur, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. You can make a simple virgin margarita without adding any of these alcoholic mixes. For this reason, I decided to make this easy mint margarita recipe which doesn’t require so many ingredients and time, it is quite refreshing and easy to make at home. See a Youtube video of margarita cocktail below:
Making mint margarita is quite easy, you can make use of ice blocks or simply chill the margarita in the fridge first before serving. For this mint margarita recipe, I made use of soda (sprite) because it’s caffeine-free plus it’s a non -alcoholic drink. You can choose your favorite soda drink when making this. I also made sure the drink is rested in the fridge for a while before pouring it over to my glass. Ice cubes are very important when making a margarita, they give the drink a chill taste and brings out the real taste of the fresh mint. You can always adjust every ingredient to soothe your taste.
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves
- 2 lemons/lime
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Soda drink
- 1-2 cups of water
- For serving: Salt and lemon wheel, and mint sprigs
How to make a margarita recipe at home
- Pick some fresh mint leaves from the stem and rinse properly under running water.
- Add the mint leaves to the blender, and add about 1 or 2 cups of water to it and blend until smooth.
- Strain the mint leaves to remove the larger leaves, pour the juice back into the blender.
- Add sugar, a pinch of kosher salt squeezed lemon juice, and mix it again until it is combined.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons of salt or sugar on a saucer, run a juicy lime wedge around the rim of your glasses, dip the glasses into the salt so that the entire rims are covered with the salt or sugar.
- Place some ice in your cocktail glasses, and fill them halfway with the mint juice.
- Fill the remaining space with your sprite or any other soda drink of your choice.
- Serve with a wedge of lime and fresh mint sprig.
Dr. Brown is the founder of Jotscroll, he is a Medical Doctor, Entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Razi Brown holds a medical degree from the University of San Diego. He has invested in many startups and is currently working on his fifth book to be published in the upcoming year.