Iced coffee recipe is a type of coffee beverage made by brewing coffee powder cold and without hot water, the coffee is then poured over ice or cold milk and served chilled. This type of coffee recipe produces a different taste, it does not require hot water or any boiling process.
You can make iced coffee at home that will taste just like the one at Starbucks. In this article, I am showing you how to make iced coffee at home without using a coffee maker; this is an easy DIY iced coffee recipe with few ingredients.
This iced coffee is nice and healthy, you don’t need to go to Starbucks, Dunkin donuts, or McDonald’s to have a good iced coffee, you can easily make one at home and enjoy during hot days. Another good thing is that you can use a non-dairy coffee creamer and also add a little flavoring syrup like vanilla syrup to this recipe if you like flavor.
Ingredients for Iced Coffee
- Ground coffee, 2 teaspoons
- Sugar, 2 tablespoons
- Milk, 200 ml
- Ice cubes, as required
- Water, as required
Even though you can use a coffee maker like Keurig to make iced coffee, you can still make one with just your coffee cup. Make sure to follow the steps below and you can also see this video below on how to make this.
Steps on how to make iced coffee like Starbucks
- Into your coffee cup, add 2 teaspoons of ground coffee
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar. You can use caramel or syrup for this but I am using sugar.
- Add a little amount of warm water, about 3 to 4 tablespoons into the ground coffee and sugar mixture.
- Stir the mixture to dissolve completely; the warm water is to aid in dissolving the sugar and ground coffee.
- You can cover and shake the cup if you prefer your coffee with bubbles.
- Once it has completely dissolved, add your milk and stir. Any type of milk such as almond milk or coconut milk can be used depending on the type you want.
- When you are happy with the consistency and taste, serve it chilled, your homemade iced coffee recipe is ready. It has an amazing taste and suitable for a hot summer, you can drink it right away.
Now that you have known how to make this, there is no need to look for an iced coffee shop or restaurants (like Dunkin donuts, Mcdonalds, or Starbucks), as you can make one at home and tailor it to how you want it. This is really inexpensive and saves time and money.
If you have a coffee maker like Keurig you can use it to make iced coffee also.
To reduce the calories, you can reduce the amount of sugar and also use skimmed milk instead of full-fat milk.
Dr. Brown is the founder of Jotscroll, he is a Medical Doctor, Entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Razi Brown holds a medical degree from the University of San Diego. He has invested in many startups and is currently working on his fifth book to be published in the upcoming year.