Lemon chicken is quite easy to make at home. It can be baked or fried and usually eaten with pasta or rice. So today I am going to show you how to make this creamy Chinese chicken recipe coated with sweet lemon sauce.
- 300 grams of chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 4 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 tbsp of chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup of chopped onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp of paprika powder
- 1 chopped red chili pepper
- 2 sticks of green onions (chopped)
- 1 tbsp of wine
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- 3 cups of vegetable oil for frying.
- 1 chicken seasoning cube
How to Make Lemon Chicken Recipe at Home
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-size pieces.
- Marinate the chicken with salt, paprika powder, soy sauce, cornstarch, black pepper, and wine.
- Mix to combine and allow the lemon chicken marinade to sit for 20 minutes.
- 20 minutes later, place a pan on the heat and add enough cooking oil to the pan. Allow it to heat up and then start frying the lemon chicken marinade.
- Fry until it is golden brown. You can stir to fry evenly. Remove from the heat and keep aside to drain on a paper towel.
- Bring another pan on heat or simply reduce the oil used for frying the lemon chicken to about 3 tbsp and use the pan to saute 1/4 cup of finely chopped onions. We want to make a sauce for the chicken.
- Also, add 2 minced garlic cloves and stir fry until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant; then, add red chili, green onions, lemon juice, and zest. Stir and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of sugar to help balance the taste of the lemon juice.
- Make a slurry with cornstarch and add to the lemon chicken sauce and stir to thicken your sauce and once you are okay with the consistency, turn off the heat.
- Now use the sauce to coat the fried chicken breast. Scoop the sauce and drizzle over the fried chicken and stir to properly coat the chicken.
- Your lemon chicken recipe is ready. You can eat it with boiled rice or with pasta. It is creamy and delicious!!
Dr. Brown is the founder of Jotscroll, he is a Medical Doctor, Entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Razi Brown holds a medical degree from the University of San Diego. He has invested in many startups and is currently working on his fifth book to be published in the upcoming year.