Shrimp Alfredo is an easy pasta recipe made from fettuccine pasta which is cook with butter and parmesan cheese. Fettuccine Alfredo recipe can be made with chicken, shrimp, pork, or a combination; today, I will show you how to make shrimp Alfredo.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- 200 grams of Shrimps. You can use any quantity of shrimps you want.
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese. This adds to the flavor of the Shrimp Alfredo Pasta.
- 250 grams of Fettuccine Pasta. This is the type of pasta used for making any Alfredo recipe: be it shrimp alfredo or chicken alfredo.
- 2 tbsp of Butter. This adds flavor and creaminess to our shrimp alfredo recipe.
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped Onions.
- 2 cloves of minced garlic cloves.
- 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper Powder.
- 1 cup of whole milk and 1 cup of Heavy cream. This can be substituted with yogurt if you want. To give it that creamy texture. However, using yogurt may not thicken the shrimp alfredo recipe unless you make a slurry with cornstarch and add to it.
- 1/4 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- 1 tsp of seasoning stock cube and 1/2 tsp of salt.
- 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
How to Make Shrimp Alfredo
- Start by placing a pot with water on the heat and allow the water to boil. Then bring in the fettuccine pasta into it. Cook according to the instructions on the package.
- After cooking the fettuccine pasta, drain using a colander and cover and keep aside.
Making the Alfredo Sauce
- We need a sauce for our shrimp alfredo recipe. To make the shrimp alfredo sauce, add 1 tbsp of cooking oil such as olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter to a pan and allow to heat up.
- Once the oil is heated and the butter has melted, add the shrimps to it and stir fry until it is lightly brown in color and the water content is reduced. This should take about 5 minutes. Make sure you have deveined (removed the veins in your shrimps). Season the shrimps with a pinch of salt and a 1/4 tsp of black pepper powder.
- After frying the shrimps, remove and keep them aside. Now, use the same pot and add 1 tbsp of butter. Allow the butter to melt and then bring in the chopped onions. Fry the onions until it is translucent; this should take 3 minutes and then add the minced garlic cloves and fry until it is fragrant.
- Pour the heavy cream and milk and stir to combine.
- Now, season the alfredo sauce with a pinch of salt, grated nutmeg, 1/4 tsp of black pepper powder, and seasoning cube; stir to combine and allow to cook until the alfredo sauce thickens.
- Then, add the parmesan cheese and 1 tbsp of chopped parsley and stir.
- Start adding the drained pasta a little at a time while using your pasta spoon to stir and mix the alfredo sauce with the pasta. Continue until the whole alfredo pasta is mixed with the sauce.
- Also, add the fried shrimps and mix everything together and allow to cook for 8 minutes on low heat, and then turn off the heat.
This was an easy way to make shrimp alfredo at home. You can garnish with another tbsp of parsley.
Dr. Brown is the founder of Jotscroll, he is a Medical Doctor, Entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Razi Brown holds a medical degree from the University of San Diego. He has invested in many startups and is currently working on his fifth book to be published in the upcoming year.