This homemade biscuit recipe only uses three ingredients, and they came really amazing. I must say, these biscuits are the most crumbly and buttery biscuit recipe I’ve ever had. They are delicious and crunchy and you don’t have to use the most complicated ingredients to make your biscuits. All you need are 3 common ingredients that you have already in your kitchen and you are ready to whip them up.
Making these homemade biscuits is a better way of involving the kids, it helps the work done faster. All you need to do is to combine all the three ingredients together, mix, and roll the dough out. Finally, cut it into beautifully rounded biscuits. What you will get at the end of the day are some nicely rounded, buttery, and crispy biscuits. The most gorgeous thing about these homemade biscuits is that they are so easy to make, you don’t need a mixer or any special tool to mix the dough. All you need is a simple tool like a spatular and your hand.
I have made several simple homemade biscuits recipes just like these shortbread cookies and these butter cookies, but this particular one seems to be the simplest so far. I recommend you check out these sugar cookies too they are great for Christmas gifts and holiday parties. You can watch this youtube biscuit on how to make this homemade biscuit recipe, it is very detailed:
Homemade biscuits ingredients
- 10 tablespoons of salted butter
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of castor sugar
How to make 3 ingredients homemade biscuits
- Combine your butter and sugar powder in a dry mixing bowl, preferably a medium-sized bowl.
- Use a spatula to cream the butter and the sugar until just soft and creamy. Don’t over mix this or else your biscuit will spread out while baking.
- Gradually sift in the flour and gently fold in the flour until it combines nicely with the butter.
- It will look crumbly at first, but keep mixing until a dough is formed; gather the dough with your hand, and mold it into a smooth ball.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and gently press it down with your palms to flatten the surface.
- Cover the dough with a cling film and roll it out to be 1 inch thick with a rolling pin.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut into circular shapes, remove the excess dough from the biscuit, and re-roll and cut into the biscuits.
- Use a fork or any tool to design the biscuits, I simply design mine by making long strips on the surface.
- Line them up on a prepared baking tray and bake at 350oF for 10 to 15 minutes or until they are slightly golden.
- Serve your homemade biscuits once they have cooled down with some chocolate tea.