Here is an easy way to make a crispy fried chicken recipe; all you need are some simple seasoning and spices. You can use chicken wings, chicken breasts, or chicken thighs; or a combination of any. I am using the deep-frying method after marinating and coating the chicken parts in a breading mixture.
- Chicken Wings, Thighs, and Wings
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of Cornflour (Cornstarch)
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Chicken Seasoning
- A tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- One tbsp of Ginger and 1/2 tsp Garlic
- Half tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Salt
- A tsp of Paprika and 1 tbsp Chili Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
How to Make Fried Chicken Recipe
Making the Fried Chicken Marinade
- Add the ginger, minced garlic, black pepper powder, cumin, paprika, 1/2 tsp of red chili, rosemary, chicken seasoning, 1/2 tsp of salt, lemon juice, soy sauce, and 1 egg.
- Stir all the ingredients with a whisk.
- We now have a marinade for the fried chicken recipe.
Marinating and Coating the Chicken
- Now add the chicken parts into the bowl containing the marinade.
- Stir the chicken parts together until all the parts are marinated.
- Cover with a cling film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. You can marinate the chicken overnight; the longer it stays, the more the marinade incorporates into the fried chicken, making it juicy and tasty.
- After marinating the chicken, now coat the chicken with a flour mix.
- To make the flour mix, add the cornstarch and flour together and then season it with 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of paprika, and 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Stir to combine all the ingredients in the flour mix.
- Now pick each part of the marinated chicken and coat it all round in the flour mix.
* After coating with the flour, you can coat it again with the marinate and again with the flour before keeping it aside on a clean plate.
Frying the Chicken
- You can deep fry your chicken, pan-fry it, or you can use an air fryer for it.
- I am deep-frying the chicken, so place a pan or pot or saucepan on heat; add enough oil to be able to cover the chicken parts completely when immersed in the oil.
- Allow the oil to heat up, then bring in the chicken parts into it.
- Fry for about 10 minutes or until it is golden.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Your homemade fried chicken recipe is ready. The coating makes the fried chicken crispy.
Fried chicken can be eaten with hot sauce or chili sauce; it can be served with gravy, coleslaw, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, corn, or biscuits.
Any leftover can be refrigerated and reheated later. You can reheat it again by microwaving it or simply by using an oven to bake for a few minutes.