Flan is also named Crème Caramel, Caramel Custard, or Leche Flan. How to Make Leche Flan at Home; A simple and sweet custard dessert made with egg, milk, sugar, and condensed milk; it has a caramel layer on top.
- 1 cup of white granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 296ml of Condensed Milk and 296ml of unsweetened Evaporated Milk.
- 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- A pinch of salt.
How to Make Flan at Home
- Into a pan or a pot, add 1 cup of sugar and add 1/4 cup of water to the pot.
- Allow it to dissolve on low heat until it forms a caramel – thickened golden colored syrup. While making your caramel sauce, do not stir the sugar so as not to crystallize.
- When the caramel sauce is formed, pour it into a mold. Any shape of mold can be used for making flan; for Leche flan, an oval mold is mostly used with condensed milk being a necessary ingredient.
- Now make a flan batter by mixing 4 eggs (some flan recipes use only egg yolks while others use both the egg whites and yolks) with the condensed milk and evaporated sugar. As you whisk your eggs, gradually add the condensed milk and the evaporated milk until you completely mix everything together.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice into it and stir to combine. You can add a pinch of salt to balance the taste of the Leche flan recipe.
- Now strain the mixture into a clean bowl in order to have a smooth mixture.
- Strain again for the second time while pouring the egg and milk mixture into the mold containing the caramel sauce.
- Place the mold in a tray or baking container containing hot water and place both the mold in the hot water into the oven and bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 to 45 minutes.
- After baking, remove and allow to cool a bit and then transfer to the refrigerator for 3 hours to help make it firm.
- Remove from the mold after 3 hours of refrigerating and use a knife to scrape the edges of the flan and the mold to enable easy removal.
- Your easy homemade Leche flan recipe is ready.
This is a sweet dessert custard you can enjoy warm or chilled.