Table of Contents
It is very easy and simple to make healthy banana pancakes at home for breakfast. All it takes is banana, egg, flour, and milk. Other ingredients are optional and you can substitute one ingredient with another. Buttermilk can be substituted for milk. You can make banana pancakes without eggs. It can also be made with no flour. It all depends on choice – whether you are a vegan or you love the paleo diet. You will learn how to make various types of healthy banana pancakes. Below is a list of recipes variations for preparing banana pancakes.
In all the pancakes recipe described, the same quantity of ingredients was used for any of the recipes.
- 2- fresh ripe bananas
- Two eggs
- 1 and a half cup of all-purpose flour. You can use any flour of choice from corn flour, coconut flour (used in paleo banana pancake), rice flour (rice flour is gluten-free), or oats.
- 1 cup of fresh liquid milk
- Half teaspoon of Baking powder
- Any cooking oil such as olive oil, coconut oil or butter
- Vanilla (optional) it all depends on the flavor you want
- Sugar, confectioner’s sugar, honey, or maple syrup. Whatever you use as a sweetener.
I used these ingredients for making the traditional banana pancakes and was able to make 8 pancakes. Combining any of these in making either the 2- or 3-ingredient pancakes gives a variable amount of the pancakes.
Types of Banana Pancakes
- 2 ingredient banana pancakes – without flour
- 3 ingredient banana pancakes
- Traditional banana pancake with many ingredients
2-Ingredient Banana Pancakes (flourless pancake)
This recipe uses only two ingredients: egg and banana. It is the best pancake for people who need gluten-free banana pancakes. It is easy to prepare this type of pancake.
- Peel your bananas and mash with a fork or a potato masher to form a smooth batter or paste
- Add your egg and mix thoroughly to combine
- Grease your frying pan with any cooking oil of choices such as olive oil or butter
- You can start toasting or cooking the mixture on heat to make your pancakes
- Allow them to cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat until you begin to see bubbles on the upper side. Flip them over to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Your banana pancake is ready
Always scoop a little portion at a time because scooping plenty ends up breaking the pancakes into pieces because they are tender. No need of adding sugar because the ripe bananas are naturally sweet. The bananas also serve the function of flour and baking powder because it is soft and forms a paste when mashed. So with just two ingredients, you have made simple banana pancakes, easily.
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
This uses 3 ingredients: flour, egg, and bananas. The type of flour is dependent on what you want. You can use almond flour, oats, corn flour, or wheat flour. The method of preparation is the same as the 2 ingredient pancakes. The only difference is the addition of flour.
Traditional Banana Pancakes
In this, many ingredients are used. It all depends on what you want.
- To make this, combine your sugar, banana, egg, liquid milk, and vanilla into a blender and blend until you have a smooth paste or batter. Using a blender saves you the time and energy of having to mix these ingredients to form a batter. You can use a mixer.
- Pour your blended mixture into a bowl and add flour and baking soda
- Mix to combine until you have a runny batter
- Put your pan on heat and grease with a teaspoon of butter, olive, coconut, or any oil you have.
- Scoop your batter into the pot and cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- The sides should turn brown and bubbles should form on the upper surface. Once you see this, flip to the other side and cook also for another 2 to 3 minutes
- Your banana pancake is ready
Banana Pancakes Nutrition
For every 2 pancakes made with cooking oil, they provide about 210 calories, 34 grams of carbs, 9 grams of protein, and 185mg of cholesterol. Sugar forms 12 grams and dietary fiber are 5 grams.
Do babies love pancakes?
I gave this to my 15-month-old baby and she liked it. The sweetness of the bananas and their smooth and creamy texture make it lovely for babies.
Other Pancake recipes
- Oatmeal Banana pancakes
- Apple-Cinnamon Pancakes
- Protein Banana Pancakes
- Flaxseed Meal Pancakes
- Spinach Protein Pancakes
- Blueberry Pancakes