Sweet potato hash is an easy breakfast recipe often made with eggs or bacon and stir-fried with vegetables and seasoning. The sweet potatoes are diced into small cubes and used for making the hash recipe. Sweet potato hash is a great Tiffin box idea that your kids would love taking to school when made with eggs. Here is a youtube video you can simply watch to learn how to make sweet potatoes hash at home.
Table of Contents
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- Chopped onion bulb and spring onions
- 4 tablespoons of Olive oil (any cooking oil you have)
- A pinch of salt to taste
How to make sweet potato hash recipe for breakfast
- Wash your sweet potatoes and peel them
- Cut and dice the sweet potatoes into small cubes for easy cooking; it makes it more palatable.
- Place a pan on heat and add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Add cumin and chopped onions; stir fry for a minute and add the diced sweet potatoes. If you are cooking the sweet potatoes hash with bacon instead of eggs, add your chopped bacon now and stir fry with the onions.
- Stir to combine and cover to cook on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, the potatoes should have been soft; you can know this by using a fork to pierce through them if a fork can pass through easily, it means they are soft.
- Add other ingredients: the chopped red bell peppers, carrots, and stir to combine.
- Cover and allow cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add seasoning – a pinch of salt and ground red chili pepper together with the eggs and cover to cook for another 5 minutes on low heat.
- Your delicious sweet potatoes hash recipe with eggs is ready.
You can serve this to your kids for breakfast or put it in their Tiffin box to eat while at school. Your family can enjoy this as breakfast, in which case, you can use bacon if you wish.
Dr. Brown is the founder of Jotscroll, he is a Medical Doctor, Entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Razi Brown holds a medical degree from the University of San Diego. He has invested in many startups and is currently working on his fifth book to be published in the upcoming year.