Hash Browns is an easy breakfast recipe you can easily make at home with potatoes. It is a healthy fast food you can put in your child’s Tiffin box. You will learn how to make these sweet potatoes Hash browns at home. You can use either Irish potatoes or sweet potatoes. This sweet hash brown recipe is easy to make, It’s crispy and delicious just like the ones from fast food and stores.
Table of Contents
- 2 medium-sized sweet Potatoes; this could be Irish potatoes or sweet potatoes.
- Chopped spring onions (Scallions or Chives)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of red chili pepper powder
- 2 eggs
Though I did not include in this hash browns recipe, the following ingredients can be added to improve the taste and shape of your hash browns.
– Cheddar cheese
– Corn flour (Cornstarch) – gives shapes and makes them crispy
– Onions and garlic powder as a food flavoring
How to Prepare Hash Browns just like the restaurant-style
- Wash and peel your potatoes
- Grate or shred using a grater or food processor
- To prevent the potatoes from becoming darkened due to oxidation, grate into a bowl of water.
- Drain the grated potatoes using a colander and rinse until the water runs clear.
- Into a mixing bowl, add all ingredients including the shredded potatoes and mix to combine.
- Add Olive oil into a frying pan and allow it to heat up; butter can be added together with the oil. However, if you are using salted butter, no need to add salt again.
- Scoop a full tablespoon of the mixture into the heated oil and flatten them using a spoon by pressing it down. You can fry 3 or 4 at a time.
- When they start to turn brown at the edges – this should be about 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat; flip over and fry the other side.
- Remove from heat and drain in a colander.
- Your crispy, delicious sweet potatoes hash browns are ready.
This is a good and healthy Tiffin recipe for kids, it can be eaten as breakfast or dinner recipe. It is an easy breakfast recipe, simple to make an instant snack also.