Potato omelette recipe is an easy Spanish breakfast recipe made with eggs and potatoes. It is a healthy and easy snack recipe you can quickly make for your kids to take to school in their Tiffin Boxes. This omelette recipe is also called the Spanish Tortilla de Patatas or simply Spanish omelette. It is a tasty food recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Table of Contents
- 6-Fresh organic Yukon gold medium size potatoes
- Olive oil
- Chopped Onions
- Chopped Spring onions (or Scallions)
- Crushed red chilli flakes
- Curry Powder
- Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 eggs
How to make Spanish Potato Omelette Recipe
- Peel your Yukon gold potatoes and cut into small cubes
- In a pan over medium heat, add 3 tablespoons of Olive oil.
- Then, add a little salt and the chopped potatoes and cover to cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Afterwards, mash the potatoes with a spoon into solid small sizes. Let it cook about 5 minutes more until you have a soft and solid mashed potato.
- Remove from heat
- In a bowl break the egg and then add a little salt, chopped spring onions and whisk together.
- Pour the whisk eggs mixture into the mashed potatoes and mix until they combine evenly.
- Put a little oil in a pan over high heat and pour the mixture into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Use a spoon to smooth the surface of the mixture and then cook over moderate heat for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- With the help of a dish, flip the other side of the Spanish potato omelette
- Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes again and your Spanish Omelette is ready.
You can slice the Potato Omelette into a cross-shaped or Star-shaped.
Some Variations of making Potato Omelette
Some people make their own Spanish Potato Omelette stuffed with ham and cheese just like a sandwich, but this is entirely optional.
This is a quick breakfast recipe that is healthy and easy to make at home. It is an easy common snack recipe that is tasty and delicious. This can be a nice Tiffin box recipe for kids’ breakfast. They can eat while in school or at home.
Dr. Brown is the founder of Jotscroll, he is a Medical Doctor, Entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Razi Brown holds a medical degree from the University of San Diego. He has invested in many startups and is currently working on his fifth book to be published in the upcoming year.