Ginger powder tea is also known as ground ginger tea; it is an easy anti-inflammatory tea remedy prepared with ground ginger. It has so many health benefits and is good for you for cold, nausea, sore throat, and weight loss. This homemade ginger powder tea is delicious, hot, and satiating. Combining few effective ingredients such as cinnamon, honey, and lemon add more to the benefits of this tea.
You can easily make a large barge of this tea and store it in the fridge and drink it whenever you want to have some hot spicy tea. Ginger powder can be purchased at the supermarkets, but it is easy to make yours at home with no expensive tool. All you need to make your ginger powder are some fresh ginger roots and a grater. Once you have known how to make ginger powder at home, it can be used to make your subsequent tea recipes.
Health benefits of ginger powder tea
Some of the benefits of drinking ground ginger tea include
- Ginger tea promotes regular bowel movements and thus prevents and treats constipation.
- It can help in fighting colds, flu, and cough; this is possible due to the anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effects of ginger and Vitamin C in lemon.
- Combining lemon with ginger for making tea helps with weight loss because ginger has anti-obesity effect while lemon reduces appetite which makes you eat less.
- The tea can help relieve upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, and other respiratory problems such as asthma.
- Ginger tea keeps you warm from inside out, it helps to break up mucus and detoxifies the body.
- Ground ginger tea is a delicious, warm, and all-natural tea that promotes good health, however, you need to go gentle with the tea and not over consume it.
Other Variations of ground ginger tea
There are other varieties of ginger tea such as Ginger-Honey-Lemon Tea, Ginger-turmeric tea, and Ginger-Mint Tea. However, you can make your ginger powder tea by adding some milk to it to soothe your palate.
Ground ginger tea ingredients
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 small lemon
- Honey to taste
Items that you will need are:
- Kettle or pot
How to make Ginger powder tea recipe at home
- Add about 2 large cups of water to a pot, place it on a stovetop and bring to a boil.
- Once the water has started boiling, you can then turn off the heat and add 2 heaping teaspoons of ginger powder to the water and half teaspoon of cinnamon powder and stir to combine.
- Squeeze in lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of honey and stir. cover and leave to steep for few minutes before serving.
- Your ginger powder tea is ready, enjoy it cold hot.