Potato Salad Recipe: How to Make Potato Salad with Eggs and yellow Mustard/Mayo. This is an easy potato salad recipe that requires few ingredients and vegetables such as dill and carrots. For the dressing, you can use mayo or mustard. onions, and mayo.
It is best served chilled.
- 4 Medium-sized Russet Potatoes
- 1/3 cup of chopped Carrots
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh Celery sticks
- 4 medium-sized Eggs
- 1/4 cup of steamed Green Peas
- 4 tbsp of Mayonnaise or Yellow Mustard. The more creamy you want your potato salad to be, the more mayonnaise you need to add.
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped Dill
- 1/4 cup of chopped red Onions
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 3 minced Garlic
Steps on How to Make Potato Salad at Home
- First, you need to boil your potatoes for 15 minutes or until they become soft. Then dice them into small cubes or chunks.
- Now, prepare a salad dressing by adding mayo, yellow mustard, or sourcream (whichever you decide to use) to your salad bowl. You can combine anyone. However, when adding sour cream, no need to add lemon or vinegar again to your salad.
- Add olive oil, black pepper, and 1 minced garlic clove and mix to form a nice salad dressing.
- Dice your boiled potatoes into small cubes. You can peel the potatoes first or simply wash them clean and cook them without peeling the skin.
- To the same salad bowl containing the salad dressing, add your vegetables and other ingredients. Stir to combine.
- For the Eggs, you can dice into desired shapes and sizes or into small chunks.
Some people may add vinegar or lemon to their salad recipe but I love it without vinegar, so I am not adding it to mine. Sour cream can be substituted for mayo or yellow mustard or you can combine mayo and sour cream.
You can refrigerate the salad for 30 minutes to chill it first or you can enjoy this potato salad right away. It is creamy and tasty.
How long to boil potatoes for potato salad?
The potatoes don’t have to be so soft when boiled; you just need to cook the potatoes for 15 minutes or just when a fork can pierce it but not too soft.