Pigs in a blanket also called Sausage Bread Rolls or Chinese Hot Dog Buns. This is an easy bun or bread rolled over sausage. Today I will show you the steps on how to make pigs in a blanket recipe at Home.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 8 Pieces of chicken sausage
- 1 tsp of active dried yeast
- 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp of soft butter
How to Make Pigs in a Blanket
- In a small bowl; add 1/2 cup of milk, 1 tsp of active dried yeast, and 1 tbsp of sugar. Stir to combine and cover and allow to sit in a warm place for 5 minutes for the yeast to be activated. You can use instant yeast.
- In a large bowl, add 1 egg, 1 tsp of salt, the remaining sugar, 4 tbsp of soft butter, and the yeast and milk mixture that has been activated. Mix to combine and then bring in the flour and stir until a dough is formed.
- Knead the dough until it is soft and fluffy.
- Allow it to rest, covered with a plastic wrap in a warm place for about an hour until it doubles in size.
- After an hour, remove the fluffy dough and cut it into 8 equal pieces.
- Use each piece and mold into a flat rectangular shaped dough and then roll into a cylindrical shape until it is smooth.
- Pick a sausage and roll the log-shaped dough over it such that there is no space between. When you reach the end, tuck the tip. Repeat the same with the rest of the sausage until you are done.
- Arrange the pigs in a blanket in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Now, allow the pigs in a blanket to double in size and then bake in a preheated oven at a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown in color.
You can glaze with egg-wash before baking or you can bake and glaze with melted butter using a pastry brush.