Muffins are the yummiest snack foods that are super easy to prepare as well. Kids especially have a soft spot for this dry snack, which also includes adults who are pretty much kids at heart. Aren’t we all child-like when it comes to our fondness for muffins? This brings us to the fact that we can continue to enjoy muffins during our adult life, once in a while, provided these are prepared using healthy ingredients. Here we are sharing with you a recipe for a healthy muffin that is really high in fiber and has several good nutrients too.
To amp up the nutritional quotient, we have added a mix of healthy seeds, including sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, melon seeds, and pumpkin seeds. Adding seeds to this recipe enhances its nutritional quotient, and gives it a nutty taste and crunchy texture. So, your typical recipe for an unhealthy muffin is enhanced to vitamin and mineral-rich healthy snack food.
Preparing this muffin is pretty simple as you just have to gather the ingredients, mix them all to prepare the batter, fill the muffin tin, and pop this tray into the oven to find this decadent goodie ready to be relished in no time. While you are baking this easy-peasy recipe be careful to not burn your pretty manicured beauties and use oven mitts. These mittens are no match to a regular kitchen cloth, which we often use to pull out extremely hot baking trays and dishes from the oven. Made with specialized heat-resistant material oven mitts are a necessity in every household and you find some great purchase options on TDK blog.
So, this is how you can prepare a healthier version of a regular muffin to be enjoyed as a
a quick snack or breakfast dessert.
Table of Contents
- Oven mitts
- Muffin tin
- ½ cup all-purpose flour and ½ cup oatmeal
- Half cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder and ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Seed mix (1 tablespoon each of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and flax seeds)
Directions on How to Make Healthy Muffins for Breakfast
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 200 degrees Celsius and grease a muffin tray. Keep it aside.
- Add both flours, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and mix it well.
- In a separate bowl beat butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add egg to the butter mixture and continue to whisk the mixture to incorporate
- Add yogurt, vanilla, milk, and half of the seed mix to the egg mixture.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture to incorporate more air into the
- Pour muffin batter into the prepared muffin tray and sprinkle the remaining seed
mix over each muffin batter pocket.
- Bake muffins for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden in color and cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!