Hot Dog Buns are simple buns recipe you can make at home and enjoy with your favorite sausage or hot dog. Known as Hot Dog Buns or simply Hot Dog; these buns can be slit and sausage added to them, there are different types of sausage that can be added such as Frankfurter (Frank), Wiener, Weenie, Coney, or Red hot.
- 2 and a half cups of Flour
- 150 grams of Milk
- 1 tsp of active dry yeast
- 3 tbsp of Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp of Salt
How to Make Hot Dog Buns Recipe
- Into a mixing bowl, add warm milk, 1 tbsp of sugar, and the active dry yeast; then stir to combine.
- Cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes for the yeast to be activated. Once the yeast is activated, you will notice some bubbles formed on the milk mixture.
- Now, add the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar, salt, 1 egg, and then stir to combine.
- Add the flour and butter and mix to form a dough.
- Once the dough is formed, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead the dough until it becomes smooth, non-sticky, and elastic.
- Place the hot dog buns dough in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and keep in a warm place for an hour until it doubles in size, just as you would while making donuts.
- Deflate after an hour by punching with your hands, and transfer to a working surface.
- Divide the dough into equal parts of about 6 cm in diameter.
- Use a rolling pin and roll them out lengthwise.
- Fold the sides to form a log. Use your hand to pinch the ends and then roll into a smooth log.
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover again with a towel or plastic wrap and allow the rolled hot dog buns to double in size again.
- After doubling in size, you can glaze with an egg wash. Make the egg wash by breaking one egg and adding 1 tbsp of water; whisk to combine.
- Use a pastry brush and brush the surface of your dough
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 to 12 minutes.
You can slit it open and add your hot dog or any sausage of choice.