Hot Dog Buns are simple buns recipe you can make at home and enjoy with your favorite sausage or hot dog. Known as Hot Dog Buns or simply Hot Dog; these buns can be slit and sausage added to them, there are different types of sausage that can be added such as Frankfurter (Frank), Wiener, Weenie, Coney, or Red hot.
- 2 and a half cups of Flour
- 150 grams of Milk
- 1 tsp of active dry yeast
- 3 tbsp of Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp of Salt
How to Make Hot Dog Buns Recipe
- Into a mixing bowl, add warm milk, 1 tbsp of sugar, and the active dry yeast; then stir to combine.
- Cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes for the yeast to be activated. Once the yeast is activated, you will notice some bubbles formed on the milk mixture.
- Now, add the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar, salt, 1 egg, and then stir to combine.
- Add the flour and butter and mix to form a dough.
- Once the dough is formed, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead the dough until it becomes smooth, non-sticky, and elastic.
- Place the hot dog buns dough in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and keep in a warm place for an hour until it doubles in size, just as you would while making donuts.
- Deflate after an hour by punching with your hands, and transfer to a working surface.
- Divide the dough into equal parts of about 6 cm in diameter.
- Use a rolling pin and roll them out lengthwise.
- Fold the sides to form a log. Use your hand to pinch the ends and then roll into a smooth log.
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover again with a towel or plastic wrap and allow the rolled hot dog buns to double in size again.
- After doubling in size, you can glaze with an egg wash. Make the egg wash by breaking one egg and adding 1 tbsp of water; whisk to combine.
- Use a pastry brush and brush the surface of your dough
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 to 12 minutes.
You can slit it open and add your hot dog or any sausage of choice.
Dr. Brown is the founder of Jotscroll, he is a Medical Doctor, Entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Razi Brown holds a medical degree from the University of San Diego. He has invested in many startups and is currently working on his fifth book to be published in the upcoming year.