Chicken biryani recipe is also called Biriyani, biriani, beriani, briyani, breyani, briani, birani, or buriyani; this Indian dish is made from rice such as Basmati rice, chicken, vegetables, and spices such as Garam masala. Chicken biryani is a delicious and spicy rice recipe cooked with beef or chicken.
Table of Contents
- 1 kilo of Chicken
- 3 cups of Basmati Rice
- 5 tbsp of Garam masala
- 4 Cloves
- 1 cup of Whipped Yogurt
- 4 Cardamom pods
- 2 small Cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp of Caraway seeds (Persian Cumin)
- 2 cups of sliced Onions
- 4 sliced Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic and 1 tbsp of minced Ginger
- 2 Chicken seasoning cubes or Chicken stock.
- 1 cup of chopped Mint leaves and also 1 cup of chopped Coriander leaves.
- 3 tsp of Salt
- 4 slit green Chili peppers
How to Make Chicken Biryani at Home
Making Chicken Biryani Sauce
- Add about 3 to 4 tbsp of cooking oil; once the oil is heated, bring in the sliced onions and saute until the onions are caramelized. Also, add the garlic and ginger paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now, bring in the chicken and cook for 3 minutes on high heat.
- Add Garam masala, some water, and then cook for 3 minutes.
- Add salt, tomatoes, and cook until the tomatoes are soft. Then add 1 cup of whipped yogurt. Also, go in with the coriander leaves and mint leaves; stir and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Lastly, slit and add 4 green chili peppers. Cover the pot and allow cooking for 20 minutes on low heat and then turn off the heat.
Cooking the Basmati Rice
- Wash your basmati rice until it is clean and then soak it in water for at least 20 minutes.
- Drain the Basmati rice; place a pot on heat and add 2 cups of water; allow the water to start boiling then add the spices: cloves, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, and cumin.
* Stir and add the drained basmati rice; cook until the rice is about 90% soft then drain it off.
- In another pot, add half part of the cooked Basmati rice and then add the Biryani sauce and chicken over it then add the remaining part of the rice over the sauce. Also, add some mint leaves on the rice, cover, and cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- After 10 minutes, stir gently and combine the rice with the sauce and turn off the heat.
- Your Chicken Biryani is ready.
Dr. Brown is the founder of Jotscroll, he is a Medical Doctor, Entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Razi Brown holds a medical degree from the University of San Diego. He has invested in many startups and is currently working on his fifth book to be published in the upcoming year.