Easy French Toast Recipe – A healthy and simple breakfast recipe made with milk and eggs. Today I will show you how to make French Toast at home. This easy breakfast recipe is also called Eggy bread, Bombay toast, German toast, gypsy toast, or poor knights. The main ingredients for french toast are eggs and milk of which the sliced bread is soaked in the egg and milk mixture and then fried on heat.
Table of Contents
- 4 Sliced Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup of milk. For Vegan french toast, you can substitute regular milk with Almon milk, oats milk, or coconut milk. You can use vegan cheese made from almond milk instead of eggs.
- A pinch of cinnamon powder, this optional.
- Pinch of salt
Homemade French Toast Recipe – Easy way on How to make French Toast at Home
- You will need sliced bread, the thicker the better.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk
- Place a pan on heat and allow it to heat up on medium heat
- Add your sugar, salt, cinnamon, and milk together into the whisked egg
- Take a piece of sliced bread, one at a time and soak it in the egg mixture; soak both sides and remove it immediately. Do not allow it to soak for long or else your french toast becomes soggy.
- Place the soaked sliced bread into the pan and fry for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Do not move the bread during frying
- Flip over to the other side and fry again for about 1 minute. Repeat the process until the mixture of egg and milk has finished.
- Your simple ad easy homemade French Toast is ready for breakfast.
You can serve it with Caramel sauce, honey, syrup, or fried eggs. Grated coconut chips can be sprinkled on this and you can also put fruit raisins on it too.
This is a healthy breakfast recipe that your kids will love and you can put it in the tiffin box for your toddler to take to school especially when eaten with fried eggs. A cup of coffee and milk taken with this eggy bread toast recipe and fried eggs is simply an amazing breakfast for me.