Fenugreek oil is a moisturizing oil made from fenugreek seeds, this oil works as a natural conditioner, it is known to prevent hair loss, promote hair growth, and provide length retention, and it also serves as anti-dandruff.
When making fenugreek oil at home, it is important o know your skin or hair condition first, when you have known your hair condition, it is then easy to choose an oil that matches with your hair condition. Another common way of using fenugreek is the fenugreek powder for hair growth; the seeds can be blended with water to form a paste, the paste is then applied on the hair as a fenugreek hair mask. You can leave the mask on your hair for 20 to 30 minutes, then rinse it out using your regular shampoo.
There are several carrier oils for making fenugreek oil, these range from virgin coconut oil, avocado oil, apricot, sweet almond oil, grapeseed, extra virgin olive oil, to jojoba. Apart from the carrier oil, I still use Vitamin E, it adds to the nutrient of fenugreek oil and snd also prolongs it from going bad, but is optional.
See below for a Youtube video on how to make fenugreek oil at home
If you are prone to hair loss, dandruff, or any other hair condition, all you just need is patient and regular application of the oil for a better result.
Fenugreek oil benefits
- Fenugreek seed is used for hair growth, it promotes faster hair growth and maintains your hair so that you have very long hair.
- This hair oil will strengthen your follicles and prevents hair fall.
- Fenugreek also reverses baldness and prevents premature greying of hair.
- It helps you get long hair fast.
- When you apply the oil regularly, it can help get rid of dandruff, hair fall, and baldness.
- Another way that the oil work is that it stops itchy scalp and hair thinning
- Fenugreek oil has other health benefits on the skin such as the ability to fight acne, calms irritated skin, expels mucus. it can also be used as a massage oil.
To make fenugreek oil you will need
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fenugreek seeds
- Carrier oil
- Vitamin E oil, optional
- Essential oil, optional
- Glass jar with a lid
- Storage container
- Cheesecloth or filter
- Mortar and pestle or a blender
How to make Fenugreek hair oil at home
- Start by toasting the fenugreek seeds on medium heat for 5 minutes while stirring, this will help make the seeds easier to blend into a powder.
- Once the seed is slightly golden, turn off the heat and allow it to cool down completely.
- Blend the roasted seed into a smooth powder, this will help infuse the content of fenugreek into the oil, making it rich in nutrient and promoting faster hair growth,
- In a small jar, add the fenugreek powder and add some carrier oil to cover the powder completely (olive oil, virgin coconut oil, or grapeseed oil can be used).
- Place the fenugreek mixture in a pot of boiling water (double boiling) and cook for 20 minutes. This helps to infuse the content of the fenugreek powder into the oil. Keep stirring as it boils.
- Remove from the heat and strain once you notice a deep brown color.
- Your fenugreek oil is ready you can strain the oil into another clean jar with a fitting lid and store in the fridge.
- Add two capsules of Vitamin E oil if you prefer, this will help preserve the oil and make it last longer and also nourish your hair.
- To use the oil, simply apply directly to your hair or you can add to your hair cream and use 3 times in a week for better results.
Tips to note
Fenugreek seeds have a nutty aroma along with a mildly bitter aftertaste. You can use essential oil such as lavender, peppermint, or tea tree to tame down the strong aroma of the oil.
So, these are my hair growth tips on how to use fenugreek oil for hair growth, long hair, and thicker hair. It’s a simple Fenugreek recipe containing six affordable ingredients; let me know how you use fenugreek at home in the comment section below.
Always ensure to take enough fruits, water, and healthy vegetables as much as possible to improve your hair growth.
These natural hair growth tips have in no way ruled out seeking medical advice from your doctor