Onion oil is an infused oil extracted from onion, it is naturally rich in sulfur, amino acids, keratin, vitamin, iron, and potassium. All these nutrients present in onion can help prevents breakage, split ends, and thinning of hair.
Onion provides your hair with healthy and a shiny look, it conditions and nourishes your scalp as well. Another way to benefit from onion vegetables is to make onion shampoo or onion juice for faster hair growth and stop hair fall.
Similarly, you can make onion and curry leave oil and use it to promote faster hair growth. Any oil such as olive oil, coconut oil, or sunflower oil can be used to make it at home. This homemade oil does not work in all cases like serious baldness issues but can work for hair conditions such as the dry scalp, rough dandruff flakes, regular hair loss, and hair thinning.
You can also watch The Youtube video below to see how this oil is made: https://youtu.be/61dD3gvpZ5E
This onion hair oil is what many Indian women and chebe women are using for faster hair growth and get very long hair. You can add any essential oil of your choice such as lavender essential oil to stop the smell of the Onion. Grow extreme long hair, massive hair growth, and faster hair growth using this hair oil.
Ingredients for making onion oil
- 2 medium-sized onion bulbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil/ coconut oil
- 5 drops of essential oil
- A fine strainer or cheesecloth
- A grater or blender
- Storage jar
Steps on how to make onion hair oil
- Peel onions to remove the papery skin and rinse under running water.
- Cut onions into smaller pieces and place in a blender; you can also grate the onion if prefer it that way.
- Blend onions until you have a very smooth paste mixed with onion juice, and set aside
- Place a dry pan on the heat, add olive oil or coconut oil to heat up for 2 minutes
- Add the onion paste and stir the content occasionally on medium heat the whole process could take about 15-20 minutes.
- When you notice the onion beginning to fade away, stop stirring and turn off the heat.
- Leave the onion mixture to cool down completely, then strain using a cheesecloth.
- Onion has a very strong aroma, you can add a few drops of lavender, rosemary, tea tree essential oil to reduce the strong smell of this vegetable.
- Store the oil in an airtight container, this can last up to 6 months if properly stored.
How to use onion oil on the hair to promote hair growth
You can apply this homemade oil at night before bedtime and leave it on your hair overnight. In the next morning, you can rinse your hair with a mild shampoo, this will help it stay longer in the hair and also prevent the strong smell of onion.
To apply onion oil, part your hair into four sections and start applying the oil on your scalp. all you need to do is to gently massage the scalp and let it soak in the oil.