Bread Rolls or Dinner Rolls are soft and fluffy bread recipe made into clusters; they are easy and simple to make at home. Below are the ingredients and the steps to make this easy bread roll recipe at home.
Table of Contents
- 2 and a half cup of flour
- 1 tsp of active dry yeast
- 160 ml of warm milk
- 3 and a half tbsp of soft butter
- 1 tsp of salt and 3 tbsp of sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp of Milk or Water for making an egg glaze.
How to Make Dinner Rolls or Bread Rolls Recipe at Home
- To a mixing bowl, add 160ml of warm milk, 1 tsp of active dry yeast, and 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Stir to combine and cover it; allow the yeast to be activated; this should be about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, the yeast should have been activated; now add the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar, 1 tsp of salt, 1 egg, and soft butter.
- Mix everything together with a spatula until a dough is formed. You can use a stand mixer for the mixing.
- Knead the bread roll dough on a flat surface that has flour sprinkled on it to prevent sticking, until it becomes soft and elastic. Do not overproof the dinner roll dough; it should be elastic such that when pressed with the finger it should rebound to its normal shape.
- Now, grease your bowl with oil to prevent the dough from sticking to it and cover with a clean towel; then place in a warm place for about 40 minutes or until it rises to double its size.
- Deflate by punching with your hand and mold into small rounded balls. You can cut into equal parts by first rolling into a log or stick shape and then cutting into small equal parts.
- Arrange the molded dinner rolls dough in a baking pan such that there is a small gap between each ball.
- Cover it again and allow the balls to double their sizes again. This should be about 40 minutes.
Making an Egg Glaze for the Dinner Rolls
- Now, add 1 egg to a small bowl, and to it, add 1 tbsp of milk or water.
- Stir to combine until an egg wash is formed.
- Use a pastry brush to apply the egg wash to the surface of the bread rolls to give it a glazing brownish surface.
Baking the Dinner Rolls
Bake the bread rolls for 20 to 25 minutes at a temperature of 375 degrees Fahrenheit or until they are golden brown in color. Allow your bread rolls to cool down on a wire rack and enjoy with coffee or tea. This was an easy bread rolls recipe (or dinner rolls) that you can try at home.