Chicken nuggets recipe is a simple and easy chicken recipe that you can make at home with ingredients and seasonings that are readily available. Below are the ingredients and the steps on how to make chicken nuggets recipe at home.
- 300 grams of Boneless Chicken
- 4 pieces of sliced Bread
- 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp of Paprika
- 1/2 tsp of Red Chili powder
- 2 cups of Bread crumbs – for coating the chicken nuggets.
- 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder
- 1 tsp of grated Ginger
- 2 cups of Olive oil
- 1 tsp of minced Garlic
- 2 cups of Cornstarch (Corn flour) – coating the chicken nuggets.
- 1 tbsp of Tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 tbsp of white granulated Sugar
Steps on How to Make Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- Cut your boneless chicken into small sizes to make them easier for blending.
- Bring the chicken into the blender and add all the seasonings: paprika, red chili, and ginger. Also, add minced garlic, salt, tomato sauce, sugar, and onion powder; blend into a smooth consistency. You need a powerful blender to blend the chicken into a smooth paste.
- Cut out the brown edges of your sliced bread; then soak it in water and squeeze out any excess water.
- Add the soaked bread into the blender together with the lemon juice and 1 tbsp of cornstarch and blend again until everything is mixed properly.
Molding the chicken nuggets into desired shapes
- Oil your hand to make it easier for molding the chicken nuggets to prevent them from sticking to your palms while molding.
- Cut a small chunk of the chicken paste and mold it into a small ball, round shape, square shape, or any desired shape.
- Dip and coat with cornstarch, then dip into an egg wash (made with the 2 eggs by simply whisking with a tbsp of water), then into the bread crumbs. Ensure the chicken nugget is completely coated with the bread crumbs to make it crispy.
Frying or Baking the Chicken Nuggets
- Place a pan on the heat and add enough oil to deep fry your chicken nuggets. You can bake it as well.
- When the oil is heated, add the chicken nuggets into it and fry while stirring and flipping continuously to ensure even frying.
- Once they are golden brown, remove them from the oil and drain them on a paper towel.
- Your easy homemade chicken nuggets recipe is ready. You can enjoy it with tomato sauce or any sauce of choice.