Best deviled eggs recipe can be made with few simple ingredients that are easy to find, it ‘doesn’t have to be too complicated at all. You can even go creative and try finding out the perfect blend of awesome flavors for this egg recipe.
Deviled eggs are hard-boiled eggs that have been cut into half and then stuffed with egg yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, pepper salt mixture. These are usually served as the main course, side dish or as an appetizer, they are great for crowd parties such as thanksgiving, birthday parties, and many other gatherings.
There are variety of ingredients for deviled eggs, some people make their deviled eggs without mayonnaise and mustard. In the case of mayonnaise, avocado usually serves as a substitute and Greek yogurt can be substituted for mustard. An easy way to make deviled eggs is to boil your eggs ahead of time, once the eggs are boiled, preparing the filling will be easy as well.
Keeping your deviled eggs classic is totally up to you, there variety of ingredients that you can add which include goat cheese, bacon, shrimp, jalapeno, minced onions, and a lot more.
Make sure to watch the YOUTUBE video below on how to make deviled eggs:
Deviled eggs ingredients
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- A pinch of black pepper
- Salt to taste
- A teaspoon finely chopped parsley or chives for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika for garnish
How to make best deviled eggs Recipe
- In a saucepan place eggs in a single layer and cover with enough water, cover and place the pan on a stovetop, and bring to a boil.
- After 5 minutes of boiling the eggs, turn off the heat and cover the eggs with a lid, allow to sit for 12 minutes.
- Transfer the eggs into a bowl with ice-cold water and leave to cool down completely.
- Carefully peel the eggs to remove the hard shells and then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and take out the egg yolks, place all the egg yolks in a medium bowl.
- Use a fork to mash the yolks until you a fine crumbly paste. Add Yellow mustard, mayonnaise, vinegar, pepper, and salt.
- Mix properly to incorporate and taste for salt and pepper. Adjust all other ingredients if need be.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag and pipe into the holes of the white eggs. You can simply use a teaspoon to scoop the mixture if you prefer it that way.
- Garnish your deviled eggs with a sprinkle of smoked paprika and chopped parsley. Enjoy.