Table of Contents
What are dark chocolates?
Dark chocolate bars are simple snacks made from cocoa powder, these snacks are very sweet and easy for everyone to make at home. What it takes to make dark chocolate are few and most common ingredients that are available in your kitchen or can be source for. Dark chocolate is a rich source of antioxidants (flavonoids) and it contains minerals like zinc, iron, and magnesium.
Other varieties of chocolate recipes exist which include the white chocolate bars and brown chocolate bars. White chocolate bars are purely white bars made with milk and sugar and brown chocolate bars are made with the combination of milk and cocoa powder, which gives the bars. However, chocolate bars may also contain layerings that include fruits, seeds, nuts caramel nougat, and wafers; it all depends on what you want.
These dark chocolate bars are made without coconut oil or cocoa butter however if you have cocoa butter, it makes the chocolates harder but without it, you need to freeze the chocolates in order to harden which melts easily when taken out of the fridge. You will need either a silicon or a plastic mold to shape your chocolates.
What can I make with chocolate recipes
- Chocolate bread or chocolate banana bread
- For making eclair, fudge,
- Chocolate ganache
- Hot chocolate (also known as chocolate tea)
- Making muffins
- You can make chocolate oatmeal cookies with it.
- Use it for making glaze or icing on doughnuts
- Drips on cakes
These homemade chocolate bars are very handy and not just for snacking; you can make a variety of chocolate recipes such as chocolate desserts, brownies, truffles, and chocolate mousse. You can make a large quantity of these bars and store them in the fridge and use them for any recipe that calls for chocolates.
Ingredients for making dark chocolate bars recipe
- 2 tablespoons cocoa butter (or regular butter)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar (powdered sugar or confectioners’ sugar)
- A pinch of salt.
- Chocolate mold
How to make Dark chocolate bars at home
- Add water to a saucepan and place on a stovetop, place a heat resistant bowl over the pan and allow to heat up.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa butter or regular butter to the bowl and melt on low heat while stirring.
- When it has melted, turn off the heat and add icing sugar, stir to dissolve it; add cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Stir the mixture and make sure it has dissolved and there is no lump in it at all.
- Remove the bowl from the double boiler and leave to rest for a minute and cool down.
- Gently pour the mixture over a silicon mold and tap a few times to assume the shape of the mold. Be sure to clean up any chocolate stain on the sides of the mold and tap to remove air bubbles.
- Rest the chocolate mold in the fridge for about 2-4 hours to set, you will notice the chocolate has become harden and appears frosty, removed from the mold.
- To remove from the mold gently twist the mold in an opposite direction to release the chocolate.
- It is ready to be enjoyed