Chicken Quesadilla is a delicious Mexican dish made from tortilla wrapping chicken, cheese, and stir-fried veggies and then grilled. Quesadilla is easy to make and I will show you the steps on how to make quesadillas with chicken and cheese filled with Veggies. This is an easy quesadilla recipe made with simple ingredients and seasoning that tastes amazing and delicious.
Table of Contents
Chicken Quesadilla Ingredients
- Two flour Tortillas
- 2 cups of grated Cheddar Cheese and also 2 cups of grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 300 grams of Boneless Chicken
- 2 tbsp of Sweet Corn
- 1/2 cup of Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup of chopped Onions
- 1/2 cup of Yellow Bell Pepper
- 3 minced Garlic cloves.
- 1/2 cup of Green Bell Pepper
- 4 tbsp of Olive oil
Quesadilla Recipe Seasonings
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1/2 tsp of dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp of Onion powder
- Half tsp of Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- Half tsp of Cumin
Steps on How to Make Chicken Quesadilla
- First, drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil to the chicken and then add all the seasonings to the chicken and marinate it by mixing until all the seasonings are coated on the chicken.
- Place a pan on the heat and add 3 tbsp of olive oil; allow to heat up and then add the seasoned chicken into it.
- Pan-fry for 8 minutes on one side and then flip the other side and pan-fry for another 8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and allow it to cool down on a plate
- Cut the pan-fried chicken into small sizes and keep it aside.
- Now, stir fry the veggies using the same pan by stir-frying the chopped onions and minced garlic until they become fragrant. Then add the veggies and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Bring in the chicken, add a pinch of salt and stir to combine. Allow cooking for another 5 minutes while stirring and then turn off the heat.
Making the Quesadillas Taco
- Grease your pan with melted butter and place your tortilla into the pan.
- On the tortilla, first add cheese about 1/2 cup of grated cheese (that is, 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese). It is not necessary to combine both kinds of cheese; you can use anyone.
- On the cheese, add stir-fried veggies and chicken mixture and then sweet corn with any other vegetables you want to add. You can add fresh coriander leaves.
- Finally, top it up with another layer of cheese (1/4 cup of both types of cheeses).
- Turn on the heat and fold in one part over another so as to have a semi-circular shaped Quesadilla. Grill the Quesadilla until it turns brown and the cheese melts. You can use a flat spoon to press down on the Quesadillas while it is frying to flatten it and to prevent it from unfolding while frying.
- Now, flip over to the opposite side and grill also until it becomes brown and the cheese melts.
Remove from the heat and your Chicken Quesadilla recipe is ready.