Chicken Alfredo Fettucine Recipe is an Italian dish made from Fettucine Pasta with butter and Parmesan cheese. In the United States, it is served as a main dish and often cooked with chicken, shrimp (shrimp alfredo), or a combination of both. The main ingredients being butter, fettuccine pasta, and parmesan cheese.
Table of Contents
- 250 grams of Fettuccine Pasta
- 2 Pieces of Chicken Breast (about 300 grams)
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- 3 tbsp of Butter
- 1 cup of Milk
- 2 tbsp of chopped Parsley
- 1/4 cup of chopped onions
- 2 minced Garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 and a quarter tsp of Salt
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg
How to make chicken Alfredo recipe at Home
- Slice your chicken breast into two and then season it by sprinkling 1/4 tsp of salt and black pepper over it and set aside.
- Add about 5 cups of water to a pot; add 1 tsp of salt to it. Once the water starts to boil, bring in 250 grams of Fettuccine pasta. The cooking time for the pasta should be according to package instruction. Mine says 7 minutes but I usually cook one minute less so as not to be overcooked and to prevent the pasta from easily breaking.
- Once the pasta is ready, turn off the heat and drain in a colander.
- Now, place a pan on the heat and add 2 tbsp of Olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter. Once the butter melts, transfer the chicken cutlet into it and fry for 7 minutes on high heat until it is golden brown and then turn over to the other side and repeat the same.
- Once the chicken is ready, take this out of the oil and then cut the chicken into serving sizes and wrap it in foil paper, and set it aside.
- Using the same pan, add 1/4 cup of chopped onions and 2 minced garlic cloves. Stir fry for about 3 minutes until the garlic is fragrant and the onions are translucent.
- Add 1 cup of heavy cream and 1 cup of milk and stir to combine.
- Now, grate 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and 1/4 tsp of nutmeg and add to the chicken alfredo sauce. Stir to combine and allow to boil until the alfredo sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce thickens, add the cooked chicken and the drained fettuccine pasta and mix to combine with a pasta spoon.
- You can add vegetables and herbs as needed. I am adding 2 tbsp of chopped parsley. Cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes. Stir to combine after 5 minutes and serve