, shampoo, Castor oil can be applied on hair to promote hair growth, this is an essential ingredient in Jamaican hair oil and is made from castor bean seeds. There are different ways to use castor oil for hair, you can always find the best method that works for you, this will totally depend on your hair type.
When making castor oil for hair growth, it is important you take time to figure out what works for your hair type; taking time to combine the oil first before applying on your hair will definitely give the best.
Some people use castor oil to moisturize dry hair or tame frizz. It also works as a lubricant for tangled hair. You can use this oil to restore hair loss as it is effective in making your hair grow stronger and thicker. This oil is an affordable ingredient for a hair treatment that everyone must have, you can even make castor oil at home if you have access to castor beans.
However, just so you know this; with all the different claims concerning castor oil benefits for hair, there has not been any scientific theory or research that supports that backs up the claim. However, you can always seek the advice and concern of your dermatologist or physician to know what works for your hair.
Benefits of castor oil for hair
- Castor oil can be used as a massage oil on the scalp because it is very beneficial for new growth, it stimulates the follicles and helps to trap in moisture. This, however, leaves you with soft and supple strands.
- You can use this hair oil to grow and thicken your eyelashes, it can be applied on top of the eyelashes before bedtime then rises off in the morning. When you are applying this, make sure it does not enter the eyes.
- Due to the effectiveness of castor oil, it is used for making cosmetic products such as hair creams, shampoos, and conditioners.
- It can be applied on the beard just the same way you would on the hair, it helps to stimulate beard growth.
You will need the following items
How to make castor oil for hair
- In a small bowl, add 3 to 4 tablespoons of castor oil, add the same amount of olive or coconut oil to dilute the castor oil.
- You can add vitamin E or essential oil such as lavender, tea tree, or peppermint oil if you wish for an extra flavor.
- Using a spoon, mix the oil to combine properly and set aside.
- Place a pan on the stovetop, add some water, and bring to a boil; once the water has boiled, take it off from the heat.
- Take the bowl containing the oil and place it in the hot water for 10 minutes.
- Once the oil has heated, remove from the water and transfer to a spray bottle.
- Part your hair into four sections and wrap a towel over your neck or put on an old T-shirt to prevent oil stain.
- Spray the mixed oil all over your hair, massage gently with your hand, and make sure it touches the scalp.
- When you are done cover your hair with a shower cap or with a hot towel; this will enable the scalp to absorb some steam.
- Rinse the hair after 3 hours or leave the oil to stay overnight, if you wish, you can leave the oil in your hair as a leave-in conditioner.
- You can repeat this simple hair growth tip twice a week for effective result