Homemade lip balm is a natural remedy for getting red lips naturally, this doesn’t require so many ingredients but some easy and very common ingredient that you can source for.
Some of our store-bought balms contain artificial ingredients that are very harsh for sensitive skin. A lot of these ingredients often cause allergic reactions to people which poss a serious concern. The only way you can stay away from these toxic products is by making your own natural lip balm at home. This is not only easy to do but great for any kind of lip. You can make your own lip balm at home with just two lip balm ingredients. This is a simple natural homemade DIY for making a balm or a lip gloss.
This balm recipe is an all-natural recipe that vegans can use as well, it uses plant-based ingredients that are organic. I used red beetroot for red lips; you can use the pink beetroot and achieve pink lips or even the red beetroot depending on the color lips you want to achieve.
If you like a natural colored lip gloss and balm, this video above will show you how to make a glossy balm/lip gloss using beetroot for pink or red lips without beeswax and without Shea butter.
- 1 medium-sized red or pink beetroot
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
How to make natural and best lip balm for pink or red lips
- Rinse beetroot under running water and peel with a sharp knife.
- Grate it into smaller strands, then place in a blender and blend into a paste without adding water.
- Use a fine strainer to and squeeze out all the water from the beet until you are left with only the fiber.
- If you wish, add about 4 tablespoons of water to the pulp and mix, then strain again. Strain the beet juice again with cheesecloth to make sure it has no residual in it.
- Pour the water you have strained into a pan and place on medium-low heat to boiling. Use a small spatula to stir from time to make sure it doesn’t burn or dry out too quickly.
- You will notice the water reducing and thickening as it boils, bring the heat on low and keep cooking until the content thickens and reduces to a tablespoon
- Take it off from heat and pour it out of the pan to cool in a bowl.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to the beet paste and gently mix using a plastic spoon. This might take about a minute or so to get all the ingredients well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a small lip balm container and place it in the fridge for 25 minutes to set. Once it has set, it will become smooth and thick like the regular lip balm.
- Start using your homemade lip balm for natural pink lips or red lips
You can store it in a small container and use it whenever you need it. It can last for up to 3 months without preservatives.