Cupcakes are simple and easy cakes made in a cup or paper liners. Just like other cake recipes, cupcakes can be decorated with frosting, candy, or fruits. Cupcakes can be made with different flavoring and they can also be made unfrosted as well. Here is a simple way to make vanilla cupcakes at home.
Table of Contents
- 1 cup of Cake Flour
- 80 grams of Soft Butter at room temperature.
- 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar
- 1 and a half tsp of Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 cup of Milk
- 2 Eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
How to Make Vanilla Cupcakes
- Into a mixing bowl containing your butter; add the sugar and beat until it is creamy and soft.
- In another bowl, sieve the dried ingredients in the same bowl. Sieve the baking soda, salt, and baking powder, together with the flour. Stir to combine.
- After whisking the butter and it is now soft, add in the eggs, but first, go in with one at a time and whisk.
- Add the remaining egg together with 1 and a half tsp of vanilla essence and whisk beat again until it is well combined and creamy.
- Go in with the sieved flour mixture; add half and beat to combine then add the milk and whisk again to combine.
- Now, add the remaining flour and stir to combine with a spatula until you have a cupcake batter that is not firm neither is it watery.
Baking the Cupcakes
- Line the cupcake mold or pan with the cupcake liners.
- Now, scoop the cupcake batter using an ice cream scoop or your measuring spoons, enough to reach halfway through the level of the cupcake liners. Do not worry about the uneven shape of the top of the cupcake batters in the liners. They will become smooth while baking them.
- Now, preheat your oven to a temperature of 180 degrees Celsius and bake the cupcakes for 20 to 25 minutes. You can use a gas oven, electric oven, or microwave to bake the cupcakes.
- Once you are done baking the vanilla cupcakes, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool off completely before peeling the liners and eating them.
Cupcakes are often eaten with buttercream frostings but you can enjoy them plain with a cup of tea.
If you are using a gas oven, make sure the heat is supplied under first, this helps to bake and harden from under so that while supplying heat from above, the top of the cupcakes rise and even when you bring them out of the oven, the cupcakes will not fall again.
Baking with a gas oven with the heat from the top makes the cupcakes dry quickly and bake on top but the heat does not reach the bottom which makes the cupcakes fall after removing them from the oven.