Sugar Cookies Recipe is easy homemade cut-out cookies that are best for Christmas, Holidays, Halloween, or any Celebration. This sugar cookies recipe is soft and simple to make with just a few ingredients. They are snacks that even children would love. Sugar cookies are usually creamy in color and not brown as other types of cookies; there can be icing on them such as royal frosting. I usually enjoy mine with coffee or tea with milk.
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour. You can use almond flour or potato starch for gluten free sugar cookies.
- 1/4 cup of Cornflour (cornstarch)
- 170g of salted Butter
- 150g of White sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Step on How to Make Easy Homemade Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, and salt together in a bowl. Stir to combine and keep aside. The cornstarch provides crunchiness to this sugar cookies recipe.
- In another bowl, add the sugar and butter together and beat or mix until it is soft, fluffy, and creamy in color. Using a hand electrical mixer, this can take about 10 minutes to achieve the light yellow (creamy) color and the softness you desire.
- Add room temperature eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until you have a dough.
- Once this sugar cookies recipe dough is smooth, transfer to a flat surface; but first of all, place a baking paper over the surface then cover the top of the dough with another baking paper before using a rolling pin to roll the sugar cookies dough to be flat; just about 1/2 an inch thick.
- Now transfer the flatten dough to a tray and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Let the dough chill and become firm to make it easy for cut out cookies.
- After 20 minutes, remove the dough and use a cookie cutter of any shape to start cutting the dough so as to have cut out sugar cookies.
- Transfer the cut-out sugar cookies to a baking tray lined with a baking paper.
- Now bake in the preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes or until it is almost brown in color but not completely brown.
This was how to make sugar cookies at home. Easy and simple, they are soft and chewy. This homemade sugar cookies recipe are best for Holidays, Christmas, Halloween, Birthday parties, or any celebration.
You can make sugar cookies icing for them if you want yours with frosting.