A delicious rice sauce can be made with few ingredients; you can use common vegetables and beef, chicken, or any meat you have at home. You can even use fish for your rice sauce. Here is a simple and easy way to may sauce for rice. Here is a youtube video you can easily watch to see how its done.
- Chopped or shredded Beef (or shredded chicken)
- 2 Carrots
- Green leaves (Amaranth/spinach)
- 2 chopped scallions (spring onions)
- 1 red onion
- 4 Tomatoes
- 3 Red bell peppers
- 4 minced garlic
- 1-inch grated ginger
- A teaspoon of Soy sauce. This is optional, you can use any sauce you have such as oyster sauce. Maggi seasoning can be substituted for this.
- Pinch of salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil or any cooking oil of choice
How to make rice sauce with vegetables and beef
- Wash your vegetables; carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, and spinach
- Cut all vegetables into pieces
- Cook your meat (in this case, I used beef as my meat). You can use chicken or fish. Make sure you cut your meat into small sizes or shred it. You don’t want to have large chunks of meat in your sauce (it’s not stew you are making).
- Place a pan on the heat and add 4 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Add in your chopped carrots, red bell peppers, onions, garlic, and ginger and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, bring in your shredded beef, fish, or chicken and stir fry again for another 5 minutes.
- Add the green leaves – spinach and the chopped spring onions as the last ingredients and stir to combine. Allow on heat for a minute before you turn off the heat. Cover the added vegetables for about a minute for the remaining heat to cook it.
- Your beef and vegetable sauce for rice is ready to be served. You can serve with cooked white rice or boiled spaghetti.
Dr. Brown is the founder of Jotscroll, he is a Medical Doctor, Entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Razi Brown holds a medical degree from the University of San Diego. He has invested in many startups and is currently working on his fifth book to be published in the upcoming year.