Nanven Nimfel was born on the 2nd of February, 1956 to the family of Nimfel Nden at Kadarko District of Wase Local Government Area of Plateau State, a Local government area that shares a boundary with Langtang North LGA. He is married and blessed with four children.
Schools Attended by Nanven Nimfel
Mr. Nanven Nimfel had his primary education in L.E.A Primary School Kadarko from 1963-1970; where he obtained his First School Leaving Certificate.
He went to G.S.S Kuru for his WASC from 1971-1975.
His quest for education pushed him to further in the University of Jos, where he obtained his B.Sc Hons in Mathematics from 1976-1979. Mr. Nimfel was the first indigenous Student Union Government (SUG) President of the University of Jos.
Mr. Nimfel later attended Life Theological Seminary from 2004-2007.
Career and Positions Held
- President of Wase Students’ Association (WASESA) in 1977
- President of Plateau Students’ Association, the University of Jos in 1978
- SUG President, the University of Jos in 1979
- Chairman, Ngwang Ishi OTarok, Wase L.G.A Branch from 1982-1989
- National Publicity Secretary, Ngwang Ishi OTarok in 1987
- Member, Inter-governmental Committee on Transition to Civil rule from 1992- 1994
- National Convention of Social Democratic Party (SDP) of the Federation from 1999-2002
- Deputy Director, Supplies Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation from 2003-2010
- He was Deputy Director, Procurement, Ministry of Niger Delta from 2009-2010
- He became the Director/ Secretary of the Ministry of Interior which heads the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, Fire Service, Immigration and Prisons Service Boards (CDFIP) from 2010-2012
- He was Director, Human Resource Management, Federal Ministry of Justice 2012-2016. He then retired from civil service on the 2nd of February, 2016 on his 60th birthday.
Mr. Nanven Nimfel contested in the 2019 Senatorial elections under the All Progressive Congress party but lost at the primaries elections to Mr. Ignatius Longjan who was the Deputy Governor under the Jonah Jang administration from 2011 to 2015.
He is an aspirant under the APC for the Plateau Southern Senatorial bye-election following the death of Senator Ignatius Datong Longjan in 2020.