Garlic butter is a very versatile condiments anyone will love to have on hand, you can never go wrong making this delightful spread. This is a simple compound butter that is combined with other ingredients such as fresh herbs and garlic to create a flavored butter. The butter mixture is then chilled in the fridge and served over bread or transferred into a plastic wrap or parchment paper, and rolled up to make the cutting easy.
There are many versions of this simple recipe, it all depends on the ingredients you want to use. Some of the different varieties of this recipe include
- A blend of different cheeses and herbs with butter
- A dash of lemon juice with butter and herbs for an extra taste.
You can use garlic butter for shrimp, for garlic bread, fish, or vegetables. However, salted butter, unsalted butter, or margarine can be used to make this. One thing I love about this garlic recipe is the ability to adjust or switch the ingredients as desired. The amount of garlic you use for this recipe also depends on your personal preference.
The flavor of butter goes well with so many things, so you can make a large quantity of garlic butter and store in the freezer and then defrost it in the microwave on very low power when you want to use it. When you make in large quantity, you don’t have to visit the store anytime soon.
What can I eat with garlic butter?
Garlic butter can be paired as a side dish with steamed broccoli, spinach, and cauliflower and peas; it also goes well on plain pasta and boiled white rice. If you are making roasted chicken just slip it under the skin of the chicken, or melt over barbecued steak. Tossing it with veggies or into mashed potatoes is not a bad idea too.
Even though you can easily buy garlic butter from the store, it is therefore important to make your own at home. With this, you can easily customize the ingredient to what you have on hand. You can also check here to see how to make garlic paste at home.
Is garlic butter Good or healthy for you?
Garlic butter is a very good replacement for refined oil; it contains natural ingredients like butter, garlic, and parsley which makes the recipe a good source of vitamins A, E and K. Garlic on its own is not only used to flavored dishes, it is also considered as a healthy ingredient with so many health benefits.
How long does garlic butter last?
Garlic butter can last up to 15 days if it is properly stored in an airtight container and placed in the refrigerator. However, you can get it frozen for a month or two in the freezer and thaw it whenever it is needed.
The following steps below show you how to make garlic butter with simple ingredients.
Garlic butter Ingredients
- 150g of butter (Salted or unsalted butter) softened at room temperature
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- A pinch of black or chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Salt to taste
Steps on how to make garlic butter from scratch
- In a medium bowl, add in butter, followed with minced garlic, chopped parsley, and mix with a fork to incorporate well.
- Add the oregano and season with pepper flakes and salt to taste, mix very well until it mixes well. You may need to scrape the sides of the bowl and mix a little with a fork.
- Transfer into a new bowl and store in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill
- Bring it out and spread over your favorite bread, chicken or vegetable to coat and serve immediately