Instant noodles are of different brands and flavours; they are always seen as fast foods and can be eaten at any moment of the day. A lot of people term these noodles to be kids favourite, lazy people food, and students food andI dont really think that instant noodles areactually meant for just kids and the other blah blah blah. Many adults have found it interesting eating instant noodles most especially when they are looking for something very fast to satisfy their hunger, they go for it.
Instant noodle is that food you prepare when you are almost late for work and lectures, it is that instant meal you fix for dinner after coming back from a hectic work day, it is simple, cheap, especially when you run out of cash, and it is fast to make and easily satisfying too. You can snack on instant noodle; eat it as comfort food, main meal, and even pair with salad or coleslaw, just to make it livelier, crunchier and richer.
One issue I used to have with instant noodle when I was newly introduced to it was the odour, taste and I only knew about just a particular way of preparing it and there was nothing fun about it, not until I figured out the many ways of preparing instant noodles , even with the addition of flavour and ingredients. Some instant noodle brands can be very irritating, the smell and the taste are not what someone can withstand and they are so not worth it. I have ever prepared a particular brand which made me want to throw up. However, if you have found a particular brand you love and it doesn’t bother you, just stick to it, and also,if you havent found a particular noodle brand that is tasty and with a unique flavour, just keep tasting others until you are able to get your kind of taste.
I had to keep experimenting on different noodles until I was able to find about 2-3 different brands that I could stick to or manage, because all of them may not really be perfectto your taste. There is a particular brand in Nigeria which is called indomie and I certainly know that a lot of people love this particular brand and are familiar with it. And aside indomie,there are few ones too and whichare also good for consumption.
What is in instant noodles?
The main ingredients in instant noodles are palm oil, wheat flour and salt. These noodles usually come with two seasoning powders; one is made with chilli, while the other is made up of MSG (monosodium glutamate), salt, sugar and chilli. The monosodium glutamate which is the flavour enhancer has been spotted out withbadreputation, it has been stated to be very dangerous to human health. It will be best to replace the seasoning powder with your usual home seasonings to be on a safer side.
Instant noodles generally have more carbohydrate, fat and sodium, but less amount of protein and dietary fibre content. However, when preparing instant noodles at home, it is best you add some healthy herbs, vegetables and Ingredients, if possible, minimise the use of the follow come flavouring powder and use what you are sure of.
How to garnish instant noodle
Normally, the instant noodles are not really tasty except with the addition of the chilli and flavouring powder. There are other condiments to use in preparing instant noodles to enhance a better flavour. Sardine, egg, chicken, beef and meat broth, tomatoes, onions, spinach, carrots,bell peppers, among other vegetables can be use and they aregood additives to instant noodles. Additionally, you can either limit the amount of seasoning flavour you have to add to your instant noodles or use your homemade seasoning or your usual seasonings to prepare these noodles.
The many ways of preparing instant noodles
There are so many ways to prepare instant noodles, despite the brand. Specifically am going to list out three common methods of preparing these noodles.
1 .The pack method
- Heat up water in a pan
- Add the instant noodles into the hot water
- Empty the chilli powder and seasoning powder into the noodles
- Stir and serve
2. The second method is what I will personally call the jollof rice method
- Heat up water in a pan, add the instant noodles into the water and add vegetable oil.
- Allow the water to dry a bit before adding the vegetables.
- Add chopped onions, pepper, green beans, peas and carrot.
- Add some seasoning powder to it and stir.
- You can boil egg to serve with the instant noodles or add some shredded chicken, or fried chicken can be serving with it.
The third method is the picture you are seeing above, I used stirred fried rice method to prepare it, it is delicious and unique, and I didnt know that the outcome will be exactly like fried rice, which is why I renamed it as instant fried noodles.The different vegetables added an extra colour and fresh flavour to the noodle which I loveso much, and I used three packs to prepare this and it was able to serve 3 people with remnant, you can try this out if you want and I am sure you will love my instant fried noodle recipe.
Ingredients for preparing instant fried noodles
- 3 packs of instant noodles
- 1 medium onion
- 3 Baby carrots
- 1 Handful green beans
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground crayfish (optional)
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
Make sure you have washed and cut all the vegetables into smaller sizes and keep aside. And also fry your egg and keep aside before prepare you instant fried noodles. See here on how to make scrambled egg. You can as well fry the egg at the end of the cooking.
3. Stir fryMethod
How to prepare instant fried noodles
- Add 1 cup of clean water to a pot and heat it on a stove.
- Empty your packs of instant noodles into the water when it boils.
- Cook the noodles till they are firm.
- Bring off from heat and drain excess liquid.
- Heat a frying pan on heat, add vegetable oil to the pan and let it become hot
- Stir fry all the vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Season the vegetable with seasoning powder or your normal seasoning cube.
- Bring the noodles into the vegetableand stir fry until it becomes fluffy.
- Reduce the heat and let the noodles fry on a low heat.
- Taste for salt and adjust if need be.
- Bring it off from heat and serve with egg and salad.
Steps on how to cook fried instant noodles
1. Drop a pot of water on heat, and allow it to to boil.
2. When it boil empty your packs of noodles in to the water and cook for 5 minutes.
3. When the noodles becomefirm and easy to to fluff, bring off from heat and drain the whole water out of it.
4. Heat up up vegetable oil in a pan and start frying all the vegetablesin it.
5. Season the vegetable with seasoning powder or with your normal seasoning cube and stir fry.
6. Bring the noodles into it and stir fry with the vegetables untilthe noodles and the vegetables are well combined.
7. Let the noodlecook on a low heat while stir, till it becomes fluffy and well mixed.
8.Taste for salt and adjust if need be
9. Bring it off from heat and serve with egg and salad.
Are there other ways of making instant noodles, do you mind sharing with us on the comment box below? We can always learn from you.