Indomie noodles are common and come in various sizes and packs. It is a simple and easy instant food you can cook in minutes. So in today’s, noodles recipe, I will be showing you an easy way on how to cook fried Indomie noodles at home with some sliced chicken thighs. You can also cook fried Indomie noodles with egg (boiled or fried egg), fish (such as salmon or tuna), or minced beef.
- 240 grams of Indomie noodles
- 200 grams of thinly sliced boneless chicken thighs or chicken breast.
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/4 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 medium-sized chopped onion
- 2 medium-sized carrots (sliced)
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp of chicken seasoning.
How to Cook Fried Indomie Noodles
- Season the chicken with the chicken seasoning and a pinch of salt and stir.
- Set it aside for about 10 minutes to marinate.
- Place a pot of water on heat and bring it to a boil; then add the noodles into the boiling water. Cook the indomie noodles according to package instructions.
- After boiling for about 10 minutes, remove from heat and drain the water.
Frying the Indomie Noodles
- Place a pan on heat and add 2 to 3 tbsp of cooking oil to it.
- Once the oil is heated, go in with the marinated chicken pieces.
- Fry the chicken until they are golden in color.
- Using the same oil and pan used for frying the chicken, go in with the chopped onion and stir fry for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Now, add the carrots and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes until the tomatoes are wilted.
- Then add the red and green bell peppers.
- Season the stir fried vegetables with soy sauce, oyster sauce, and extra chili powder if you want it spicy (1/4 tsp). You can choose to use the seasoning that comes with the indomie noodles but I realize using the whole seasoning that comes with the noodles makes it salty (so if you are going to be using the seasoning that comes with it, always use half – if you are cooking two packs, there will be 2 sachets of the seasoning, you should then use one of the sachets. But if you are cooking 1 sachet, then divide the seasoning into two and use half of it.)
- Now, bring in the drained noodles into the stir fried vegetables together with the fried chicken and stir to combine nicely.
- Now, allow the noodles to cook for 2 minutes and turn off the heat. Your instant fried indomie noodles are ready.
Dr. Brown is the founder of Jotscroll, he is a Medical Doctor, Entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Razi Brown holds a medical degree from the University of San Diego. He has invested in many startups and is currently working on his fifth book to be published in the upcoming year.