Getting prepared for school after a lovely long holiday is always very difficult for kids, especially when it has to do with waking up early and packing school bags, they wish to have stayed the whole year at home playing and meeting with new friends in the neighborhood without being bothered with resumption.
One of the things you can do for them as the best mom is to put some smiles on their faces by giving them the best food with the required energy they need in their lunch boxes, remember you are a mother who doesn’t depend just on chocolates and sugary snacks, you can try mixing up other foods especially foods like noodles, plantain chips, banana, sandwich, macaroni which contains: protein, carbohydrate and fiber, and you’ll be their center of admiration! Lol! Just the same way kids love couscous, noodles, and jollof rice, that’s the way they love macaroni especially when it is well prepared with the right ingredients like chicken, beef, or fish to mention a few.
- 1 packet of macaroni
- Smoked fish, beef, chicken, or sardine
- 4 plum tomatoes or “tatase“
- 1 large spoon of vegetable oil
- One bulb of onion
- A bunch of spring onions or carrots and green beans
- 2 Spoonful of ground crayfish and 2 seasoning cubes
- Red pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry and thyme
- Salt to taste
Steps on how to prepare macaroni
- Heat a cup of water on till it boils
- Pour one pack of macaroni into the water and allow to get soft
- While it’s bubbling, dice the tomatoes, and the onion
- Grind the crayfish and pepper and keep aside
- Chop the spring onions and dress the fish and keep both aside
- Next, bring down the macaroni from heat and drain all the water from it
- Heat up vegetable oil and begin to fry the onions and tomatoes ( as if you are preparing tomato sauce)
- When the tomato is well fried, add the dressed fish, or beef and also other seasonings and leave to boil for 3 minutes
- Add the already boiled macaroni together with the spring onions and stir, taste for salt and leave to dry properly.
- Note: No need to add water to the content anymore since the macaroni has been per-boiled already, otherwise, you’ll end up with a mashy macaroni.
- Put off from heat and serve hot with a chilled drink.
What do you have to say about macaroni, are you going to include it in your kid’s menu or not?
Dr. Brown is the founder of Jotscroll, he is a Medical Doctor, Entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Razi Brown holds a medical degree from the University of San Diego. He has invested in many startups and is currently working on his fifth book to be published in the upcoming year.