Oven baked chicken is one of my best chicken recipes, the chicken always turns out moist on the inside and crisp on the outside. I love baked chicken compared to when it is fried in oil, there are more than one way to enjoy your oven baked chicken; you can have it as a side dish with jollof rice, fried rice, coleslawor with some dipping sauce. Most times, I prefer to enjoy the baked chicken with raw vegetables and not necessarily pairing with rice dish.
This oven baked chicken is not even near your regular baked chicken, the marinade I used was carefully prepared with aromatic herbs and the chicken itself was perfectly seasoned and marinated for hours before being thrown in the oven to bake. The resulting chicken above turned out very tender and juicy. The chicken got it flavour from some simple ingredients like red bell peppers, green pepper, thyme, curry, olive oil and freshly ground herbs. You can prepare your favourite marinade instead, but I love the one I made and will want to try it again. You can use baked chicken for sandwich, for chicken salad or simply serve as it is above.
Baked chicken are naturally delicious, packed full of protein, and easy to make. If you dont want your chicken to stay to long in the oven, it is best you cut it into smaller parts, in this way, the chicken will only take about 30-40 minutes to cook evenly.
This chicken recipe is as simple as preparing some marinade and then leaving the chicken to soak up the spicy juice before throwing them in the oven until caramelized. Prepare this simple oven baked chicken and invite your quests around this Christmas season, and they will keep thanking you over and over. Watch the video above and have a wonderful Christmas celebration ahead
Table of Contents
Ingredients for making oven baked chicken
- 2 kg of whole chicken, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 teaspoon thyme/rosemary
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- A pinch of salt
- teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the marinade you need:
- 4 sticks of coriander
- 2 sticks of spring onions
- 2 medium sided red bell peppers
- 1 medium sided onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small sized ginger
- 3 scotch bonnets
- Two medium tomatoes and lemon to garnish
How to prepare chicken marinade for oven baked chicken
- Rinse green and red bell peppers and take out the seeds, cut them into smaller size. Chop onion , spring onion, coriander sticks into halves and place in the blender
- Combine garlic, ginger, scotch bonnets, with coriander, spring onion, green and red bell peppers to the blender
- Add cup of olive oil to the blender and pulse until the mixture is smooth and thick
How to prepare oven baked chicken
- Bring the chicken into a large bowl, season with two stock cubes, thyme or rosemary, curry, salt, paprika or cayenne pepper and salt. Toast until they nicely coat the chicken.
- Bring the blended mixture and pour into the bowl containing the chicken part and gently mix until it covers the chicken.
- Place a cling film over it and let it rest on the counter or in the fridge for two hours or more
- After two hour, line your baking tray with foil paper and rub a little oil on it, transfer the marinated chicken on it.
- Heat the oven 3500F (1800C for gas oven). Place the chicken in the preheated oven and let it bake for at most 30-40 minutes depending on the thickness.
- When the chicken is almost done, reduce the heat and let it cook slowly until golden
- Take the chicken out of the oven and leave it to rest 5 minutes before serving.
How to prepare oven baked chicken with pictures
1. Bring the chicken into a large bowl, season with two stock cubes, thyme or rosemary, curry, salt, paprika or cayenne pepper and salt. Toast until they nicely coat the chicken.
2. Bring the blended mixture and pour into the bowl containing the chicken parts and gently mix until it covers the whole chicken.
3. Place a cling film over the chicken and let it rest on the counter or in the fridge for two hours or more to absorb the rich marinade
4. After two hour, line your baking tray with foil paper and rub a little oil on it, transfer the marinated chicken on it.
5. Heat the oven to 3500F (1800C for gas oven). Place the chicken in the preheated oven and let it bake for at most 30-40 minutes depending on the thickness.
6. When the chicken is almost done, reduce the heat and let it cook slowly until golden
7. Take the chicken out of the oven and leave it to rest 5 minutes before serving.