Mango juice is a rich and refreshing drink anyone can make at home; you can make this refreshing juice using milk or water. Mango generally is an amazing fruit with a sweet nectar that is very rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and has a lot of health benefits, including its ability to boost immunity and improve eyesight.
Mango juice can be made raw, that is, with raw mangoes and it can be made by boiling the mangoes first depending on how one chooses to enjoy it.
If you are looking for a better way to take in extra fiber to improve your digestive system, then mango juice is your best option and you can add this to make mango smoothie. It is sufficient and packed with exceptional nutritional benefits.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Mango Juice
- Facts about Mango Juice
- Mango Juice drink Ingredients
- Steps on How to Make Mango Juice with Fresh Mangoes
Benefits of Mango Juice
- Mango supports skin and hair as it is high in vitamin A. Vitamin A provides the skin with an oily substance called sebum which eliminates dead pores and moisturizes the hair. It also helps to improve eye health.
- Mango is a good source of dietary fiber which aids in digestion and prevent you you from having constipation. The high levels of pectin fiber help lower down bad cholesterol which causes blockage in the vessels and prevents the free flow of blood.
- You can lose weight by eating mangoes but moderately as they tend to keep you full for a longer time without unnecessary cravings.
- It contains low calories, which helps to lower the cholesterol level of the body.
- This fruit is very high in vitamin C, Vitamin C is an essential nutrient which helps in tissue repair and has anti-aging properties.
- Vitamin B6 which is abundantly present in mangoes plays an essential role in maintaining and improving the brain’s function. These vitamin helps in the role of improving mood, modification of sleeping patterns, and helps the nerve function effectively.
- The fruit is loaded with healthy minerals such as magnesium, potassium, copper, calcium, and phosphorus which the body needs for general growth and maintenance.
- The king fruit is packed with antioxidants and is rich in beta-carotene which is good for your skin. Beta-carotene can help to protect your skin from free radicals, and even reduce wrinkles which are caused by aging.
- This fruit is a rich source of antioxidants such as astragalin, quercetin, and gallic acid which helps in combating colon cancer, prostate cancer, and leukemia. It is also known for its ability to combating heart diseases.
Calories and Nutrition facts about Mango Juice
A cup of chopped mango contains:
- 100 calories
- 25 grams of carbohydrate
- 0.5 grams of fat
- 100% of the daily required vitamin C
- 1 gram protein
- 3 grams of fiber
- 24 grams of sugar
- 35% of vitamin A
- 10% of vitamin B-6
- 8% of vitamin K
- 20% of folate
Facts about Mango Juice
Which mango is best for juicing?
When making mango juice, fresh ripe organic mangoes are recommended as they have a sweet, tropical flavor which is similar to a mixture of peach and pineapple. In this way, you will get to enjoy all the rich benefits and nutrients packed in this delicious fruit.
Can milk be added to make mango juice?
You can go creative with your mango juice by customizing the flavor and texture of the juice. A little milk or dairy-free milk like coconut milk can be added to the juice to make it creamy. For your favorite mango juice combination, other fruits, spices, and nuts can also be added to the juice, this leaves you with a different taste entirely.
How do you blend mangoes?
Mango juice can be made with a basic blender, but if you have a juicer is it even better and convenient to make this tasty juice at home. All you need to do is to cut mango flesh into small pieces and place it in the juicer to spin. Since mango is a pulpy fruit and is very thick, it will require liquid for it blending especially when using a blender, in this case, orange juice or coconut water or normal water will serve as a good base when making this juice.
How to prevent mango Juice from changing color
I noticed that mango juice changes color once it is left outside for a longer time; in order to prevent your juice from this discoloration, orange juice or lemon juice can be added to prevent that. What you need to do is combine the mangoes with lemon or orange juice to blend. Apart from the additional nutrition and taste added, this will keep the mango juice from turning brown.
How long to store mango juice?
Mango juice is best served immediately but if you must store it in the fridge, it should be kept for 3 to 4 days. However, freeze leftover in the freezer in an airtight container up to 3 months, after that thaw it overnight and drink.
The above picture shows you the mango juice I made at home with fresh mangoes without sugar or any artificial sweetener added to it. The result was really amazing as it turned out very sweet naturally. The fact that you can make a refreshing drink like this at home with some natural ingredients, is what makes me happy and I love to share it with you. I have some similar juice recipes like this in this blog such as this apple milkshake. You may also like to check out my pineapple juice recipe and tiger nut drink. These are all-natural drinks for boosting your immune system.
Now, you can make your own mango juice at home without any difficulty after following the few steps below. However, you can easily customize the flavor and texture of the juice if you want. To make a creamy mango juice, blend the fruit with a little milk and sugar.
Mango Juice drink Ingredients
- 4-5 medium-sized ripe mangoes/ 4 cups of frozen mango
- 3 ripe oranges
- 1 small sized ginger
- 1/2 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup of water, optional
- 2 tablespoons of sugar, if you must add.
Steps on How to Make Mango Juice with Fresh Mangoes
- Wash and peel mango skin with a vegetable peeler or a sharp knife and cut into smaller cubes or chunks.
- Peel oranges, juice them, and use a spoon to peel ginger and then cut into smaller chunks and set all aside.
- Add the mango chunks, ginger, and orange juice into a blender and pulse for 1 minute. You can blend this in batches if you are making a large quantity of juice.
- Add the ice cubes and blend until the mango is completely pureed and you have a very smooth consistency. If the content is too thick, add a little water to get your preferred texture.
- Pass the blended juice through a strainer to remove excess fiber if you want a thin mango juice, but if you don’t mind a thicker juice no need to strain it. Discard the fiber and the juice is ready.
- Serve mango juice immediately in a glass cup or store in the fridge until you are ready to drink it.
Dr. Brown is the founder of Jotscroll, he is a Medical Doctor, Entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Razi Brown holds a medical degree from the University of San Diego. He has invested in many startups and is currently working on his fifth book to be published in the upcoming year.