Orange juice is very good for you as an adult; it is one of the richest source of vitamins for kids. Orange juice, is simply the juice squeezed from the ripe and delicious citrus fruit known as oranges.
This is one simplest juice I love to make with my blender to enjoy on a very hot and sunny day. Homemade orange juice is much refreshing and it tastes better than orange juice concentrate. You don’t need any chemical for this all that is required for your fresh orange juice is your sweet oranges, few ice blocks or water, you may choose to add sugar or skip that if you don’t like sugary drink and if your oranges are naturally sweet. Orange juice is ranked as one of the healthiest fruit beverages because of its wide range of benefits, you can easily fine this delicious juice a lot in many supermarkets and grocery stores with different labels. Because of its many healthy benefits, I recommend you make your own orange juice at home with no harmful preservative and additives.
Orange juice benefits
- Orange juice is a rich source of vitamin C, consuming 2 glasses of orange juice everyday will help to boost your vitamin C intake. Vitamin C helps to fight off free radicals that can destroy the immune system, it prevents early aging and helps in the absorption of other essential nutrients as well, including iron and calcium.
- Orange juice is also very high in vitamin A, the main work of vitamin A is to detoxifies the body by increasing the function of the kidneys.
- Oranges generally, help to boost immunity and are known for their powerful healing properties. The juice is always recommended for patients or an individuals that is recovering from an injury.
- It is a source of antioxidant as we all know, the main function of anti-oxidants is to prevent cancer and maintain the blood sugar levels and at the same time manages cholesterol level and improve cardiovascular health.
- The high content of antioxidants in orange juice helps in nourishing your skin by providing you with a glowing and radiant skin which is evident. However, antioxidant apart from fighting free radical, they help protect your skin from sun burn and pollution and also prevents wrinkles, hence improving the overall skin texture.
Orange juice ingredients
- 3 fresh oranges
- glass of ice cubes or plain water
- 1-2 tablespoons of sugar
- A blender
- A strainer
How to make orange juice
- Peel the ripe oranges and use a knife to peel the white skin off.
- Cut the orange in the middle and use a small knife to pull out all the seeds.
- Cut it further into smaller sizes and place in the blender. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar ice cubes or water to the blender.
- Pulse the orange severally until it turns out very smooth, pass the content over a strainer to filtrate it.
- Transfer the filtrated orange juice into a glass cup and it is ready. Serve your orange juice chilled.
How to make orange juice with pictures
1. Peel the ripe oranges and use a knife to peel the white skin off.
2. Cut the orange in the middle and use a small knife to pull out all the seeds.
3. Cut it further into smaller sizes and place in the blender. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar ice cubes or water to the blender.
4. Pulse the orange severally until it turns out very smooth, pass the content over a strainer to filtrate it.
5. Transfer the filtrated orange juice into a glass cup and it is ready. Serve your orange juice chilled.