This is a simple pudding recipe made with cornstarch (cornflour) that you can enjoy as breakfast. It is an instant breakfast pudding for your family that can be taken with snacks. I prefer eating this with potato stir fry or french fries. Even peanut butter cookies or toast bread can go well with this easy breakfast recipe, also try falafel recipe.
I love adding lemons to my puddings for breakfast because of the taste and its vitamin C content; this is optional and you can still add more ingredients to your taste.
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 1 glass of fresh whole liquid milk. If you don’t have liquid milk, you can dissolve the powdered milk. I prefer whole milk because of the creamy taste. You can replace the milk with water if you don’t have either powdered or liquid milk.
- 1 small tin of condensed milk or 3 tablespoons of condensed milk. You can use sugar as a sweetener if you want but I prefer condensed milk.
- 3 tablespoons of crushed peanuts or almonds or cashew nuts
How to make cornflour pudding recipe
- Dissolve a cup of cornstarch into your fresh whole milk in a larger bowl.
- Stir to completely dissolve the cornstarch until you have a smooth and runny mixture
- Place a pot on heat and add a cup of clean water and bring to a boil
- Once the water starts to boil, pour the dissolve cornflour mixture into the boiling water and stir continuously until it thickens.
- Allow cooking on low heat for a minute. If you are okay with the consistency, your pudding recipe with cornflour is ready; but if you want it not too thick, you can add more fresh liquid milk and stir to combine.
- Serve in a bowl
- Add ground cinnamon powder and crushed nuts – such as peanuts, almonds or cashew nut.
- You can drizzle the top with honey and enjoy
Dr. Brown is the founder of Jotscroll, he is a Medical Doctor, Entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Razi Brown holds a medical degree from the University of San Diego. He has invested in many startups and is currently working on his fifth book to be published in the upcoming year.