Yogurt cake recipe is so easy to make at home. It takes a few minutes to make this delicious and yummy cake recipe. It is soft and moist with a taste of yogurt and lemon from the zest added to it. The ingredients are not much and are readily available at home.
- 1 and a half cups of all-purpose flour.
- 3/4 cup of plain yogurt.
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar.
- Lemon zest from 1 whole lemon.
- 2 eggs at room temperature.
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence (optional).
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- 1 tsp of baking powder and 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- 1/2 tsp of salt.
How to Make Yogurt Cake at Home
- Bring in the sieved flour into a mixing bowl.
- Also, add the salt, baking powder, and soda together.
- Grate in lemon zest from 1 whole lemon.
- Stir the flour mixture together and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine 2 room temperature eggs; whisk lightly to combine.
- To the whisked eggs, add the plain yogurt and whisk until it is smooth and blends with the egg mixture.
- Now, add the oil and stir to combine.
- Add the white granulated sugar and vanilla for flavoring. Stir to combine completely.
- Now pour the wet mixture into the flour and mix with a spatula until you have a smooth yogurt cake batter.
Baking the yogurt cake
- Grease your cake pan with vegetable oil using a pastry brush. This makes it easier for the cake to come off when baked. Even while using a nonstick cake pan, you still need to do this.
- Place parchment paper (the same size as the diameter of the pan) at the bottom of the pan after greasing it.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan. Give it a small shake and tap the pan on a table to make it even and also to smoothen the top of the batter. This makes the top of your yogurt cake appear smooth when baked.
- Preheat your oven to a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven after 40 minutes and allow to cool off for some minutes and remove from the pan.
Your easy homemade yogurt cake is ready. It is soft, moist, and delicious. Let me know in the comments when you try this out.
Dr. Brown is the founder of Jotscroll, he is a Medical Doctor, Entrepreneur, and author. Dr. Razi Brown holds a medical degree from the University of San Diego. He has invested in many startups and is currently working on his fifth book to be published in the upcoming year.