There are different ways to make an easy sauce for spaghetti recipe, you can prepare a tasty beef sauce for your boiled spaghetti. Other sauce recipes such as hot sauce, chicken curry sauce, shredded chicken, and vegetable sauce are also great for spaghetti. However, if you don’t like any of the listed options, you can try out this delicious fresh tomato sauce for your boiled spaghetti, this sauce is very unique and it makes a whole lot of difference.
Making a tasty spaghetti sauce is that easy; it is just like making any other simple breakfast recipes, within 40 minutes everything will be ready. Even if you are on a budget; you can easily make this sauce with few and common ingredients without cutting deep into our pocket
One secret ingredient in spaghetti sauce the basil, it gives the sauce a whole different aroma, you can add other spices like oregano or rosemary. Another thing is the ability to tame down the sour taste of the tomato, this quite easy to do; you only need sugar or baking soda. Here is an article on how to remove the sour taste from tomato stew.
The above spaghetti sauce was made with meat and fresh tomato, it can serve as an alternative to tomato stew or chicken curry sauce. You can give it a try and feel the awesome taste that comes from the stir fry beef and spices all combined together.
Some points to note
- If you have a thick sauce, you can add chicken broth or meat broth or water to reduce the consistency, but if you want a thicken spaghetti sauce, you can add cornflour to thicken it.
- For a low sodium sauce, no need to add salt or adding meat broth while cooking.
- The essence of adding sugar is to neutralize the acidic taste of tomato paste. Canned tomatoes paste tends to be tangy, the sugar neutralizes the taste. You can avoid using sugar if you need low carbs sauce.
Ingredients for making sauce for spaghetti recipe
- 400 g minced lean beef
- 1 cup crushed fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup red chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano spice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 garlic, minced
- 1-inch ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- A pinch of salt to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil or any cooking oil of choice
Steps on how to make spaghetti sauce
- Roughly crush your fresh tomato in a blender, chop one whole onion, mince ginger, garlic, and set all aside.
- Place a pan on the stovetop and add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil and bring in your minced beef. Stir the beef until it’s no longer pink, season it with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, salt, and onion powder; stir to incorporate.
- Transfer the beef to a dish and set aside when it is cooked; place the same pan back on the heat.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil, add your garlic, ginger, and onion, saute for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the crushed tomato, you can also use canned tomato and follow with the chili sauce; cook the tomato for 10 minutes then add in tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add green peas or green bell peppers and stir to combine, but this is optional, then add 1 tablespoon of sugar to balance the tangy taste of the tomato.
- Season the spaghetti sauce with pepper, oregano spice, thyme, curry, soy sauce, oyster sauce and stir to incorporate.
- Add few torn basil leaves or cilantro, stir and taste for salt; you can adjust every other seasoning if required.
- Cook the sauce on medium heat for 10 more minutes; once you are happy with the taste and aroma, turn off the heat.
- Your easy delicious homemade spaghetti sauce is ready, serve over boiled spaghetti and enjoy!