You can make Carrot oil for skin lightening and hair growth easily at home using the cold-pressed method in order to preserve the nutrients in the carrots. It is an easy DIY process that includes just two ingredients: carrots and a carrier oil (any essential carrier oil can do depending on the benefits you want to get from it). Examples of some carrier oils that can be combined with carrots include avocado oil, coconut oil, and olive oil. When the carrot oil is made, you can add shea butter to make a homemade hair cream.
Carrot oil is good for you because of the benefits. It is used in body creams for skin lightening and limiting stretch marks; in hair creams for natural hair growth, and face. The cold-pressed method helps to preserve the nutrients compared to the heating method of carrot oil preparation. Even though making this oil without heat takes longer, it is worth it than destroying the nutrients for a quick way of making the oil.
Carrot Oil Benefits
- It is used for skin lightening
- It helps reduces stretch marks
- Carrot oil promotes faster hair growth. It can be combined with shea butter.
- It is used in making body creams or body lotions
- It is also used in preparing hair growth recipes and in hair creams that promote hair growth
How to make carrot oil at home
- Grate your carrots into small chunks using a grater
- Add the grated carrots into a jar with a cover
- Add your carrier oil to the jar containing the grated carrots. The carrier oil should cover the top of the carrots. Examples of good carrier oils that can be combined with carrots include coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, shea butter (melt it)
- Stir it properly and cover the jar
- Keep in a warm dark place for 1-2 weeks
- Every 2 days, pick the carrot jar and shake to allow the nutrients of the carrots to be infused into your oil
- Opening the jar and stirring can introduce dirt or germs into your oil and you don’t want that to happen because you need a pure organic oil to have the best effects.
- After shaking every two days, you will notice the color of the carrier oil will begin to change the orange/yellow color of carrots while the carrots begin to fade in color
- After one to two weeks, your carrot oil is ready, you can then sieve it with a strainer and store in a clean storage jar
- You can mix carrot oil to your body lotion, body cream or hair cream and use it as you want
- It is very good for your skin – for skin lightening, hair growth, and shiny hair
Oils such as sunflower oil or almond oil are rich in vitamin E and have good benefits in maintaining the skin. Adding them to your carrot oil will help protect and maintain the skin; vitamin E capsules can be added instead. Any essential oil of choice can be used for its benefits and for the sweet aroma.