Baba Ganoush is a middle-eastern eggplant recipe that originates from Lebanon. It is used as a spread similar to Hummus. You will learn the ingredients and the steps on how to make this healthy eggplant recipe at home. It is easy to make and a healthy vegan spread you will enjoy.
What is Baba ganoush?
- 3 Medium-sized eggplants
- 1/2 cup of Tahini
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 teaspoon of black pepper
- Chopped parsley and garlic
- 1 lemon – the juice would be extracted
How to Make Baba Ganoush at Home
- Cook your eggplant until it is completely soft. You can roast the eggplant as well if you love the taste of the roasted eggplant.
- Scoop the flesh into a mixing bowl or you can first chop the scooped flesh with a knife first before pouring into a mixing bowl.
- To the bowl, add the Tahini into the bowl.
- Also add chopped garlic, ground black pepper, and a pinch of salt to taste; then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into it.
- Mix everything together and mash the eggplant until you have a thick paste. To make it easier, you can pulse this in a blender or food processor; this makes it smooth.
- Your homemade Baba ganoush recipe is ready; it can be served with tortilla chips, roasted vegetables, or as a spread for eating pita bread.
Baba ganoush Vs Hummus
Both baba ganoush and hummus are spreads that can be used for eating bread, roasted vegetables, etc. Their major difference is that baba ghanoush is made with eggplant while hummus is made with chickpeas as the major ingredient.
You can preserve it in the fridge for 3 days and microwave it whenever you want to use it again.